Syndey EOS 3/2019

Macwoman

Lots of questions so I hope everyone will bear with me. Where do the ships dock? What are the closest hotels to the piers and do they offer shuttles? Does Australia use Euros or is there another currency? We are just about a year out now so beginning to get serious into research...

Thanks to all

Barbara

Macwoman:D

Lots of questions so I hope everyone will bear with me. Where do the ships dock? What are the closest hotels to the piers and do they offer shuttles? Does Australia use Euros or is there another currency? We are just about a year out now so beginning to get serious into research...

Thanks to all

Barbara

Macwoman:D

If you are referring to Explorer of the Seas it will dock at the Overseas Passenger Terminal, George Street, The Rocks.

Closest hotel would be the Old Holiday Inn The Rocks, you won’t need a shuttle it is directly over the road. There are others in the same area.

Australia uses the Australian Dollar, probably because we are not in Europe.

You are fortunate that you will dock at the Overseas Passenger Terminal.

Beautiful area and right downtown.

We found that using Uber worked out very well on our recent trip to Sydney. Certainly taxis are an option as well.

Most places take credit cards and you can easily obtain local currency at an ATM.

We find trip advisor to be very helpful to find a hotel.

Keith

You guys are so bad....okay so I am not a world traveler... I had no idea that Euros were Europe specific... I know.... goofy question... Did not know.. it was not Euros... or what ever they use.... You can all have a drink on whatever ship you are on....No it was not a blond moment.

I have cruised a lot...just started to adventure more outside the real world...53 weeks from today I will be boarding a plane. Hopefully it will not be during the snow storm we are having here!!

Barbara

Macwoman.

You guys are so bad....okay so I am not a world traveler... I had no idea that Euros were Europe specific... I know.... goofy question... Did not know.. it was not Euros... or what ever they use.... You can all have a drink on whatever ship you are on....No it was not a blond moment.

I have cruised a lot...just started to adventure more outside the real world...53 weeks from today I will be boarding a plane. Hopefully it will not be during the snow storm we are having here!!

Barbara

Macwoman.

Today is mid 20 S that should give you some idea.

One thing you won’t see in Sydney is .... Snow.

And if you spend any time around Aussies expect a, shall we say, “unusual” humour.

When you make airline reservations remember that you will be losing a day as you cross over the international dateline and take into account that you might have issues delaying your flight due to weather where you live. In other words, be sure to take that into account when looking at connecting flights.

Keith