Tell me about Alaska Sea days with kids!

jessgmann

We're planning Alaska for June 2019. Currently booked on Celebrity Eclipse, but still open to change as we learn and research more. I'm wondering if anyone can share what to expect as far as sea day activities with kids? I'm curious about offerings on all lines. We've been mostly loyal to Royal in the past, but have also sailed Disney & NCL, and would be open to hear about experiences on any line.

Our kids will be 10 & 7 when we sail. They are not typically in the kids club, so we look for family activities. I'm a little concerned with keeping them occupied for 3 sea days, not neccesaarily being able to count on pool.

Is there a good place to find kids club daily activity schedules to get an idea what they have to offer also (for celebrity or other)?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

We’re doing an AK cruise this summer and my kids will be the same age. We’re cruising on NCL. I’ve never cruised with kids before but I like their connecting staterooms, small age spread in kids’ programs, and kids’ menus at all restaurants.

Princess also seemed to have an awesome kids’ program. They partnered with the discovery channel and incorporate a lot of AK themes into their kids’ program. They also seem to have a lot of family kid activities like movies under the stars and others I’m blanking on. Plus (best of all) they can sail into Glacier Bay. Celebrity doesn’t go into Glacier Bay.

When our children were younger we did two Celebrity Alaska Cruises with them.

Depending on ages and interests there is the Celebrity Children's Programs.

Also as they get older they will meet other children on board the ship and they will find activities to do together.

Alaska even for children is mainly about the ports.

I think Celebrity is a great line for families.

Keith

I have 3 kids, who will be 9, 14, and 15 when we go. We chose NCL Bliss because of the larger number of activities for the kids. In 2019 (when we're going too, in June), the Bliss will have a better itinerary than it does in 2018 as it will include Glacier Bay.

when we cruised with kids to AK, I wanted to be out on the balcony or deck looking for whales and stuff the whole time on the sea days. So we bought special kids sized binoculars, and lots of animal/bird ID books, and then when that got dull, we brought out ipads loaded with movies, and new lego sets (taken from their boxes but kept in the plastic bags) so they could work on those in the room.

My kids were 10 and 12. My niece and nephew were 8 and 10. The younger three spent a lot of time at the kids club on Princess. We also had both an indoor and an outdoor pool so they swam every day. My older child spent a lot of time with the adults looking at scenery or playing games with us. They also attended several lectures with us (didn't give them a choice). We found they had too much to do. I was hoping for more quiet family time.