White Party

I have seen mentioned that some of the cruises have a white party one night. I see nothing about this on the RC site. We're on LOS out of Barcelona on 8/4/12. Does anyone know if this might be happening? And if so, what does it mean? Thanks!

white hot party is a signature on NCL cruises... sorry to tell u

Negative. RCI has had it on few few ships for over a year now.

To the op, LOS did have it this past February in the Caribbean.

I was on Allure last July and they had a white party in the Solarium. I am from South Florida and it was very similar to any white party i've ever seen in the Miami area. Bright lights, dancers, they removed most of the furniture and replaced with some white couches and modern decorations, DJ who played mostly techno, put a bar in the middle of the solarium. It seemed much more geared to the younger people.

Edit: We took the Western Caribbean route on the allure.

On European itineraries there is often a "white dress" evening. On our cruise it was, fittingly, the day we were in Santorini, Greece. You can wear white clothing to dinner and for the rest of the evening if you want to (not everyone participated, so if you choose not to dress in white, you will not be the only ones!). The vendors know when the cruise ships have their white night because they put out racks of clothing and it is usually snatched up pretty quickly!

Enjoy your cruise. :)

white hot party is a signature on NCL cruises... sorry to tell u

Perhaps a signature on NCL but not exclusive to that line, anymore than the Quest is exclusive to RCI. If certain activities prove to be very popular with passengers, you can pretty much count on other lines copying them. Years ago, RCI's "If I were not upon the sea" was transformed into Princess' "If I were not upon the ship" - I know the rhyming stunk but the basic premise of the skit remained the same.:D There really is nothing new under the sun.;)

We had a white party on the pool deck about 11pm on the Mariner last June. It looked good with everyone in white.

I knew nothing about them having these evenings so I didn't have anything.

Beware that they might do a 70's night!

I read a review a week or so ago that a lovely lady from New Jersey did with 2 friends (I think it was all 3 of their birthdays). Don't remember what cruise it was on; but, it really did look like a lot of fun and her pictures were great.

There was a white party on the Liberty in March. Photos are in my review in my signature. There were music and refreshments on the pool deck late in the evening, then an adults-only party in the Catacombs (dance club) for the rest of the night. A lot of fun :)

I read a review a week or so ago that a lovely lady from New Jersey did with 2 friends (I think it was all 3 of their birthdays). Don't remember what cruise it was on; but, it really did look like a lot of fun and her pictures were great.

Just seeing this post. Yep, that was me. We had a blast! I'm glad you liked the pictures :)

Thanks so much for all the replies. It appears this is late at night. We are traveling with 10 children and have very busy days planned, so I doubt we will be up for this. But perhaps we'll bring some white clothes just in case!

Was on LOS a week ago. There was a white party on Thurs (I think) night. It was the same as formal night. Anyway, it was a typical late night cruise pool party. More food and dancing. Everyone had a great time.

Archived