Internet,Legend Of The Seas.

Slow.

RCCL are advertising for next few days reduced rates and taking you into watching movies etc,running on their so called,Voom. on board Legend.

If its slow its impossible to watch movies on laptop we would of thought?

Thank You.

RCCL are advertising for next few days reduced rates and taking you into watching movies etc,running on their so called,Voom. on board Legend.

If its slow its impossible to watch movies on laptop we would of thought?

Thank You.

You might be able to watch movies at 3am, while no one else is using the internet.

I would be surprised if you could reliably stream video.

Before VOOM, a hallway neighbor invited me to watch an NFL game on his laptop in HD while on a Legend TA. There were no hiccups in the stream during the first half of the game. I was really surprised since at the time there were no tiers of service and everything else seemed so slow. Of course in those days, WiFi was $20+/day and probably few paid for it.With Stream as low as $5/day (recent sale reports), you are right that streaming anything reliably could be tough.

Before VOOM, a hallway neighbor invited me to watch an NFL game on his laptop in HD while on a Legend TA. There were no hiccups in the stream during the first half of the game. I was really surprised since at the time there were no tiers of service and everything else seemed so slow. Of course in those days, WiFi was $20+/day and probably few paid for it.With Stream as low as $5/day (recent sale reports), you are right that streaming anything reliably could be tough.

Should i take the gamble,and pay for the failure for my Sydney to Sin Voyage aboard Legend?

Thank you zoom,Zzzzoom,Mr Biker.

We sailed on Legend in Nov 16,

Really depends where you are on the ship and time of day.

Plus how many child are running around using it as well.

For emails and doing a bit of goggle searching is great, but we tried to stream a movie and found it did drop off a few time.

But ha your on holidays gives you time to get a few cocktail for the interval [emoji106][emoji106][emoji322][emoji322][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We sailed on Legend in Nov 16,

Really depends where you are on the ship and time of day.

Plus how many child are running around using it as well.

For emails and doing a bit of goggle searching is great, but we tried to stream a movie and found it did drop off a few time.

But ha your on holidays gives you time to get a few cocktail for the interval [emoji106][emoji106][emoji322][emoji322][emoji23][emoji23]

I had voom in my outside cabin on the Explorer,Seattle to Syd,also in my OceanView on deck 11 on the Voyager in Dec.

Did so called voom work in Legend Cabins while you were on board in your cabin?

This is the announcement for Legend of the Seas internet

"...with VOOM, the fastest Internet at sea. Enjoy unlimited high-speed internet and stream all your favorite movies, shows and music while at sea. Share every unforgettable moment of your vacation in real time. And stay connected with video chat, texting and email.

I'm sailing March 3 from Singapore to Barcelona and will be dependent on a good internet connection.

I have asked at current Roll-Call for the Legend sailing and hope to get a reply.

Edited by hallasm
spelling mistake

This is the announcement for Legend of the Seas internet

"...with VOOM, the fastest Internet at sea. Enjoy unlimited high-speed internet and stream all your favorite movies, shows and music while at sea. Share every unforgettable moment of your vacation in real time. And stay connected with video chat, texting and email.

I'm sailing March 3 from Singapore to Barcelona and will be dependent on a good internet connection.

I have asked at current Roll-Call for the Legend sailing and hope to get a reply.

I think email and rexting wll work fine, most of the time.

This is the announcement for Legend of the Seas internet.

That is the same generic marketing material for VOOM on every ship - it is not Legend specific. It's a bit closer to reality on O3B equipped ships, which the Legend does not have. As was mentioned, for non-streaming applications you should be fine.

I have just come off the Legend of the Seas and had a great time! I did purchase the internet package but not the Voom. I got the discount for Diamond members. At first it worked fine but once we left the islands and headed to Brisbane it was sporadic and didn't work at all in my balcony cabin on deck 7 but when I went to the internet place I was able to get a connection- after a few tries!

I had voom in my outside cabin on the Explorer,Seattle to Syd,also in my OceanView on deck 11 on the Voyager in Dec.

Did so called voom work in Legend Cabins while you were on board in your cabin?

Yes it did, but same as above, bit hit and miss

That is the same generic marketing material for VOOM on every ship - it is not Legend specific. It's a bit closer to reality on O3B equipped ships, which the Legend does not have. As was mentioned, for non-streaming applications you should be fine.

What about for VOIP phone calls, do you think it will work for that? That is my greatest concern.

What about for VOIP phone calls, do you think it will work for that? That is my greatest concern.

Our experience has been that sometimes the calls work fine, and sometimes there are disconnections, dropouts, etc. All depends on the user load, which is unpredictable.

Yes, that should work but again it depends on who's online. The system can at any time be overwhelmed by the number of users and at times like that you might have very sluggish performance to the point a VOIP call may not go through.

I purchased the less expensive internet plan just for surfing and thought that the other package for surf and stream was called Voom.

When RC first coined the word VOOM, they implied that it was the fast O3b service. Something changed, and in May 2015, they just declared VOOM to be whatever internet service was currently on each ship.

When RC first coined the word VOOM, they implied that it was the fast O3b service. Something changed, and in May 2015, they just declared VOOM to be whatever internet service was currently on each ship.

Thank you for clarifying that! When I checked it was still implying that the fast service was Voom but now I know that it is used for both slow and fast services! Perhaps that's because I'm in Australia and we tend to get the latest cruising news a bit slower!😀