Anti nausea bands

barbiecruiser27

My wife swears by a similar product with the brand "Sea Bands." I generally don't have any issues on a vessel as large as a cruise ship & what issues I may have are alleviated by being able to see the horizon.

Are the sea bands she uses similar looking to gym sweat bands? Wasn’t sure how well those would work. Looked loose

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just got a pair of Queasy Beads that I ordered for my daughter for our first cruise. Don't know how they are going to work yet (we leave in 10 days!!!), but they are beautiful. They work in the same way as the sea bands (acupressure) but are not as utilitarian looking, and there are tons of colors to choose from. Check out her website.

I am a FIRM BELIEVER in scientific research. I've worked in clinical trials for over 20 years. I get motion sickness very easily. I looked at all my options and looked at the clinical research on each product. These bands actually have good proof from research that they work. I used them on my cruise in August and had absolutely no motion sickness at all!

Some people use sea bands and these are similar to it.

Keep in mind even the manufacturer of sea bands says they work effectively for 50% of the people they have tested with so while a solution it isn't one for everyone.

Keith

When we went on our first cruise I was nervous and went to the doctor to get the little pads that go behind the ear. My doctor did give me a script for them but suggested it would be wise to start with a less medicated approach. He suggested I get a sea band type device, with the next lines of defense being candied ginger and green apples, the over-the-counter tablets, and then the pads. As it turned out neither my spouse nor I suffers particularly from sea sickness so the only item I ended up trying was the candied ginger which I ate as soon as things got rocking a bit. That candied ginger really did the trick at the time and once I was used to the motion I had no further difficulties.

I just got a pair of Queasy Beads that I ordered for my daughter for our first cruise. Don't know how they are going to work yet (we leave in 10 days!!!), but they are beautiful. They work in the same way as the sea bands (acupressure) but are not as utilitarian looking, and there are tons of colors to choose from. Check out her website.

I have used Queasy Beads bracelets for my past three cruises...ordered from etsy, custom-made....I had to send them my wrist measurements! They worked great, and were certainly prettier than the gray sweatband type that my husband wears. They look like jewelry...I was complimented on them several times.

I have used Queasy Beads bracelets for my past three cruises...ordered from etsy, custom-made....I had to send them my wrist measurements! They worked great, and were certainly prettier than the gray sweatband type that my husband wears. They look like jewelry...I was complimented on them several times.

They look so CUTE!!!

I jut ordered mine.

I have been using the SeaBands for years, and despite being a doubter, they have always worked for me. Now I am looking forward to having something pretty to wear.

I have worn the sea bands for the past nine years but only on the first evening aboard the ship. They are removed before going to bed and not needed for the rest of the cruise since my body becomes used to the ship movement after the first few hours aboard.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I am a FIRM BELIEVER in scientific research. I've worked in clinical trials for over 20 years. I get motion sickness very easily. I looked at all my options and looked at the clinical research on each product. These bands actually have good proof from research that they work. I used them on my cruise in August and had absolutely no motion sickness at all!

I was going to look up research on it. I'm amused I'm not alone in thinking this way.

When we went on our first cruise I was nervous and went to the doctor to get the little pads that go behind the ear. My doctor did give me a script for them but suggested it would be wise to start with a less medicated approach. He suggested I get a sea band type device, with the next lines of defense being candied ginger and green apples, the over-the-counter tablets, and then the pads. As it turned out neither my spouse nor I suffers particularly from sea sickness so the only item I ended up trying was the candied ginger which I ate as soon as things got rocking a bit. That candied ginger really did the trick at the time and once I was used to the motion I had no further difficulties.

I just learned that meclizine is now over the counter when marketed as a non-drowsy option for motion sickness. But I was considering a prescription for scopolomine patches if we needed it. I never suffered from the malady, nor has anyone in my party, but none of us has been on such a large vessel nor in water that deep and potentially rough.