Warning for all First Time Cruisers

kimma11

YOU WILL BECOME ADDICTED!!!

We went our first cruise last year, and immediately booked our 2nd cruise. (Which is only 80 days away!!!!) And now we have booked our 3rd cruise for 2019. I am fast becoming a cruise junkie!!!! Guess there are worse things to be addicted to. ;p;p;p;p;p

Look at the number of cruises in my signature! And, I have three more booked!

And, God willing, I will be able to enjoy: experiences on Royal Princess and Nieuw Statendam.

I am so thankful that I can afford my addiction without negatively affecting the rest of my life!

cruising is like heroin-one try and you are hooked. all it took was one 3 day cruise as an adult (and I fought against the addiction for a long time) and now in 9 years we have done 12, and about to do 13. with the 14th booked. it should be outlawed I tell you, outlawed. I even used to work two jobs just to pay for two cruises a year. it was too much for me, so now I just try to work one job, and take longer cruises.:cool:

Lol, I became addicted to cruising before I even stepped foot on a cruise ship. Had our second cruise booked before we sailed on our first cruise. Ended up doing six cruises in two years time, and I don’t see an end in sight. I have four more booked, all taking place within the next 12 months. I’m just *slightly* addicted. [emoji4][emoji924]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also, be warned that this affliction never goes away. Next month will be my 7th cruise, but it'll be my first cruise in over 10 years. Life got in the way, but my love for cruising was always a mainstay. You'll find yourself reading reviews, cruise magazines, whatever it takes to hold you over. Always take the time to savor each one!

Also, be warned that this affliction never goes away. Next month will be my 7th cruise, but it'll be my first cruise in over 10 years. Life got in the way, but my love for cruising was always a mainstay. You'll find yourself reading reviews, cruise magazines, whatever it takes to hold you over. Always take the time to savor each one!

OOOooo !! You sound a lot like my wife about ten years ago ! I mentioned a cruise wayyyy back in March of '95 when we were married. Her response..'No, Nope, NO way !! Well, in Oct 2006, I though w/our anniversary coming up in less than six months, WHY not surprise her with a five day cruise ! Sooo that's exactly what I did. Called Carnival, found a 5 day out of Mobile, on the ship Holiday going to Freeport/Nassau, booked it and promptly forgot about it.:eek: Soooo first week in Jan 2007 she mentions upcoming anniversary and says, 'Well, I guess we won't do anything, we haven't discussed it'. I THOUGHT, ' You, IDIOT !! You forgot to tell HER !!' I stammered, 'Uh, honey. we ARE doing something.. Was she shocked ! And when she finally closed her mouth she said, 'Well I hope I can ge the time off'. When we went in March 07, we hadn't even bee aboard thirty minutes when she happily exclaimed, 'WHEN can we do THIS again!?!?!? Well, ELEVEN years and 15 cruises late, I believe I can honestly say, I-er- We BOTH are cruise addicts !!

Mac

The worst part is not only is recovery time extremely short before you're ready to do it again- that early morning going to work thing the following Monday is something..special.. :o:o

OOOooo !! You sound a lot like my wife about ten years ago ! I mentioned a cruise wayyyy back in March of '95 when we were married. Her response..'No, Nope, NO way !! Well, in Oct 2006, I though w/our anniversary coming up in less than six months, WHY not surprise her with a five day cruise ! Sooo that's exactly what I did. Called Carnival, found a 5 day out of Mobile, on the ship Holiday going to Freeport/Nassau, booked it and promptly forgot about it.:eek: Soooo first week in Jan 2007 she mentions upcoming anniversary and says, 'Well, I guess we won't do anything, we haven't discussed it'. I THOUGHT, ' You, IDIOT !! You forgot to tell HER !!' I stammered, 'Uh, honey. we ARE doing something.. Was she shocked ! And when she finally closed her mouth she said, 'Well I hope I can ge the time off'. When we went in March 07, we hadn't even bee aboard thirty minutes when she happily exclaimed, 'WHEN can we do THIS again!?!?!? Well, ELEVEN years and 15 cruises late, I believe I can honestly say, I-er- We BOTH are cruise addicts !!

Mac