which side for a balcony

racnwdow

I have learned from our Alaska Cruises that either side will be fine.

Some of your best scenery will come by going out on the public decks where you can easily go from side to side and forward and back.

Rather I would put emphasis on where on the deck you want to be located rather then which side.

Keith

Since you'll be going north, the side of the ship that will generally be towards land (when you're in an open water situation) is the starboard (right) side. Once you're in areas that are not open water, it shouldn't matter which side you're on. The last time I was in a cabin on the starboard side; my cruise coming up we will be on the port side. Assuming things will be similar to before (same cruise line, same ship, same basic itinerary) we will have a view we didn't have before. :D On days such as at Glacier Bay (if you go there) it is best to get out and move around. But, if you want to stay in your room and do your viewing from the balcony they typically stop the ship in front of the glaciers and rotate around a few times so that every balcony on the ship should have a nice view. To me, that's the beauty of having your own balcony - sometimes you just want to sit quietly in your own space. Good luck!

Looks like we will be on the port side (Radiance - Northbound). I love sunsets too; however, in July I read that we will be having about 17 hours of daylight. If we can't see the glacier when we are passing by, then we will just go to upper deck and see it.