Yacht Club Drinks

hdowney

Question about Yacht Club.

I know it's unlimited drinks in YC areas and mini bar (I presume that's of any kind?), but when they talk about complimentary drinks in other areas can anybody tell me a bit more about what's included there? So I presume it's standards bars/dining venues on the ship? Is it free drinks, alcoholic/non-alcoholic? Is there a large selection? How do you know what's complimentary and what's pay? Does that mean if you splurge on the YC you don't need to buy a drinks package?

Sorry for all the questions!

Cheers

You can drink anywhere on the ship if you're in YC and anything in your mini-bar! They'll restock it with what they see you drinking the most or you can ask them for something different. I believe the official answer to top shelf liquor is that it's not included even in YC. And that would be especially true in other bars/lounges on the ship. But in YC you can ask for a gin and tonic, for example, with the better gin, but I don't think you can order anything at all (the $500 bottle of champagne, top shelf scotch, etc...) without paying more. There's quite a selection though of what's included. Try googling drink menus for the ship you're looking at.

YC includes alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, gelato, specialty coffees, smoothies, shakes, bottled water, etc...If you can do it, I'd highly recommend it! Their service is excellent, personalized, and the private spaces are quite nice on a packed ship. Their private restaurant offers samplings from speciality restaurants on different nights, and their food is wonderfully prepared.

Question about Yacht Club.

I know it's unlimited drinks in YC areas and mini bar (I presume that's of any kind?), but when they talk about complimentary drinks in other areas can anybody tell me a bit more about what's included there? So I presume it's standards bars/dining venues on the ship? Is it free drinks, alcoholic/non-alcoholic? Is there a large selection? How do you know what's complimentary and what's pay? Does that mean if you splurge on the YC you don't need to buy a drinks package?

Sorry for all the questions!

Cheers

Yacht Club guests get the equivalent of the premium beverage package, so all drinks with one star are included. The only ones not included are ones with two stars and they are not included in any drink package available. Hope that helps.

You can also order cocktails that are not on the menu at the Top Sail. For example, I enjoyed the “purple rain” that was on the menu at the Div8na Bar but not at the Top Sail. Not a problem.

Another example is champagne. Nicolas Feuillate champagne is available in some bars (it is at the Divina Bar). It has 1*, so it IS included in your YC package. But it is not on the Top Sail lounge menu. It is the only champagne without additional cost in the package.

Also included are all the goodies at the plaza on deck 6 or 7 (piazza del doge on Divina. Different name on other ships), such as macarons and chocolates, gelato.

Oh my that is a fantastic list. I am presuming the ones with prices next to are upcharge?

Secondly, do you pay extra grats on the included drinks, or is that already accounted for in the price of the YC?

I'm looking to do 2018/2019 Christmas/NY on the Seaside :). It looks fantastic. Most likely gonna book in the next couple days. Just finalizing a few things. Deffo going for YC though :)

The price is there for fellow cruisers with a less inclusive or no package.

You can enjoy anything that does not have two asterisks **. Those drinks are not included in any package. For our part, DW started her days with mimosas; I’m more observant of orange health and stuck to straight champagne at breakfast.

Then it was off to the coffee shop for a caffe corretto.

There's no additional charge on those drinks in YC. They're really very accommodating and go out of their way to get you whatever you want to keep you happy! I'm on Seaside in YC this Christmas and will most definitely do a review and lots of pictures! We're so excited!

Oh my that is a fantastic list. I am presuming the ones with prices next to are upcharge?

Secondly, do you pay extra grats on the included drinks, or is that already accounted for in the price of the YC?

I'm looking to do 2018/2019 Christmas/NY on the Seaside :). It looks fantastic. Most likely gonna book in the next couple days. Just finalizing a few things. Deffo going for YC though :)

The gratuities are added automatically to your account at a specified rate per day, irrespective of your consumption. However, I don’t know if gratuities are added if you get a drink that is outside your package. Perhaps someone else in the forum can answer that.

The gratuities are added automatically to your account at a specified rate per day, irrespective of your consumption. However, I don’t know if gratuities are added if you get a drink that is outside your package. Perhaps someone else in the forum can answer that.

This is what you can read if you expand THE IMAGE FIFTH DOWN ON POST #5

15%20on%20drinks.jpg

Pete

The 15% gratuity does NOT apply to pre-purchased packages or to YC. When you're outside of YC, they will give you a receipt that shows $0.00. When you're anywhere in YC they don't ask for your room number or your card so they wouldn't assess the 15% in one place but not another.

As far as: "The gratuities are added automatically to your account at a specified rate per day, irrespective of your consumption. However, I don’t know if gratuities are added if you get a drink that is outside your package. Perhaps someone else in the forum can answer that."

The daily charges are different. These charges cover everything that is done for you on the ship and goes to dishwashers, laundry help, bartenders, waiters, pool attendants, bus boys, etc...That charge is currently $12.50 per day/pp until 2018 in the Caribbean.

This is what you can read if you expand THE IMAGE FIFTH DOWN ON POST #5

15%20on%20drinks.jpg

Pete

The 15% gratuity does NOT apply to pre-purchased packages or to YC. When you're outside of YC, they will give you a receipt that shows $0.00. When you're anywhere in YC they don't ask for your room number or your card so they wouldn't assess the 15% in one place but not another.

As far as: "The gratuities are added automatically to your account at a specified rate per day, irrespective of your consumption. However, I don’t know if gratuities are added if you get a drink that is outside your package. Perhaps someone else in the forum can answer that."

The daily charges are different. These charges cover everything that is done for you on the ship and goes to dishwashers, laundry help, bartenders, waiters, pool attendants, bus boys, etc...That charge is currently $12.50 per day/pp until 2018 in the Caribbean.

\if you sign for a drink that is not $0.00 but a proper cost it WILL have 15% added for BAR Service Charge , this is distinct from the Daily service charge, which is not a percentage but a fixed amount per person.

Pete

Agreed Pete. I thought it was referring to drinks outside of YC no matter the cost (in package or out). If you're asking for top shelf uber expensive drinks, then yes...a charge plus 15%.

\if you sign for a drink that is not $0.00 but a proper cost it WILL have 15% added for BAR Service Charge , this is distinct from the Daily service charge, which is not a percentage but a fixed amount per person.

Pete

From one Irish lass to another, HD, if your budget covers it - it's the only way to go! Usually, where MSC is concerned, people say "You get what you pay for!" In the case of YC - you get way more than that! clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

From one Irish lass to another, HD, if your budget covers it - it's the only way to go! Usually, where MSC is concerned, people say "You get what you pay for!" In the case of YC - you get way more than that! ;p

The money we saved when we decided to try the Yacht Club on Meraviglia instead of the Haven on Norwegian Epic this summer won't pay for our next cruise but it's enough for businessclass tickets from Stockholm to Miami before and after the cruise!

The money we saved when we decided to try the Yacht Club on Meraviglia instead of the Haven on Norwegian Epic this summer won't pay for our next cruise but it's enough for businessclass tickets from Stockholm to Miami before and after the cruise!

Nice one, SC! clear.png?emoji-cool-1690

So the Champagne will be included on the plane too! (y):champagne-toast:

Rub it in, why don't cha! :D

(I assume that some kind of Champagne will be included on the Divina too, right? )

Absolutely for YC guests - need you even ask? Even for us peasants in steerage it will be with us having the deluxe package that you have included. Put it this way - it had better be! I hope I haven't upgraded the drinks package for nothing! It's the only way you're getting a glass out of me, anyway, SC. clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

• 5 months later...