Tastings all sold out

mvpjr51

We are first time Disney Cruisers, so we were last in being able to book any activities. We were particularly interested in the beer, wine, liquor tastings unfortunately when we could book them they were all sold out. My question for the veteran Disney cruisers, will they accept walk ups? What is your experience with the tastings were they worth it? Thanks in advance

They should have a bunch of new classes available to book once you are on board the ship. We usually book our cruises last minutes, so the online tastings are usually filled. The Personal Navigator you get will tell you where to go to book them. I’ve done mixology, wine, champagne, and tequila/margarita tastings, and all of them have been fun and informative.

They will not take walk-ups, so make sure you book online if something opens up or your first afternoon on the ship. 3 people tried to walk-up to our tequila tasting, but the bartender had to turn them away.

Above is correct. No walk ups, only registered participants. But you can sign up on board. Keep checking for openings in advance, and then try to book on board. Depending on demand and length of the cruise, they often add new sessions at embarkation.

• 2 weeks later...

IMHO you're not missing anything. The tastings are usually facilitated by a cast member (not a product expert). If you're an absolute novice to beer/wine it might be informative, but if you have any experience I think you'll find its not particularly educational. OTOH, if you're bored and looking for something to pass the time (and you don't mind the cost) there are worse things to do.

I think it all depends on who is leading the tasting. Did an Amari tasting on Fantasy last October, the bartender leading it was excellent, very informative and I thought well worth my time and $. If I were to do another I would pick something that I did not know a lot about to begin with, then there is more to learn and experience, I wouldn't do a tasting of something you already know well.

I’m having the same experience. It seems good sense to me that they would have a waiting list once we get on board and then create more tastings as needed. I’m sure that these events generate revenue - and that’s what they are all about.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums