Upgraded on Preziosa

janny444

Hi....booked this cruise yesterday....Monday...Ocean view guaranteed Bella through an online cruise company who had block booked a number cabins on this cruise so consequently paid a " knock down" price. Today received my cabin allocation...an Aurea Suite. Ok you don't get the Aurea experience but you get a much bigger cabin complete with bath and panoramic window. Can't believe it ....my previous upgrades with other cruise companies have just been an higher grade within the category booked.

Has anyone any experience of cabin 11008....is there any down side to it?

• 5 months later...
On 7/17/2018 at 5:59 PM, janny444 said:

Hi....booked this cruise yesterday....Monday...Ocean view guaranteed Bella through an online cruise company who had block booked a number cabins on this cruise so consequently paid a " knock down" price. Today received my cabin allocation...an Aurea Suite. Ok you don't get the Aurea experience but you get a much bigger cabin complete with bath and panoramic window. Can't believe it ....my previous upgrades with other cruise companies have just been an higher grade within the category booked.

Has anyone any experience of cabin 11008....is there any down side to it?

Hi, cant believe this, just came across your post and this is exactly what has just happened to us and got the same cabin, 11008.

if you don't mind can i ask , have you been on your cruise and what was the cabin like ?

Thank you

Daniela

10 hours ago, Madame Romana said:

Hi, cant believe this, just came across your post and this is exactly what has just happened to us and got the same cabin, 11008.

if you don't mind can i ask , have you been on your cruise and what was the cabin like ?

Thank you

Daniela

I can't say what the cabin is like, but you'll get one of benefits that come with Aurea that money can't buy, otherwise, and that is MyChoice dining, which makes the upgrade really special!

10 hours ago, Madame Romana said:

Thank you

Daniela

Hi....haven't been on the cruise yet so unable to tell you anything....rather a coincidence that we have both been allocated the Aurea suite upraded from an guarenteed outside cabin.

At the moment not best pleased with MSC...I have started another thread regarding the change of a POC...MSC will class it as a minor change ....we do not....Rotterdam instead of wonderful Amsterdam....no comparison.

19 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I can't say what the cabin is like, but you'll get one of benefits that come with Aurea that money can't buy, otherwise, and that is MyChoice dining, which makes the upgrade really special!

Hi Beamafar....I was under the impression that although we in an Aurea suite....upgraded from a Bella... that you wouldn't have any of the Aurea suite perks so will we have My Choice dining?....if so it may go some way to " compensating" the change of POC that MSC have dropped on us out of the blue.

Just now, janny444 said:

Hi Beamafar....I was under the impression that although we in an Aurea suite....upgraded from a Bella... that you wouldn't have any of the Aurea suite perks so will we have My Choice dining?....if so it may go some way to " compensating" the change of POC that MSC have dropped on us out of the blue.

Seating in the MDRs is organised depending on cabin locations;  those in Aurea cabins are allocated the MyChoice dining room/area, regardless of which 'Experience' was originally booked.  Hence, the upgrade comes with this benefit.  😎

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Seating in the MDRs is organised depending on cabin locations;  those in Aurea cabins are allocated the MyChoice dining room/area, regardless of which 'Experience' was originally booked.  Hence, the upgrade comes with this benefit.  😎

Hi ...that is really good to know....I didn't realise that...as I said a small compensation for " our loss" of Amsterdam as a POC.....still waiting to see what MSC's response is to my question of the availability of a complimentary coach back to Amsterdam from Rotterdam.

10 minutes ago, janny444 said:

Hi ...that is really good to know....I didn't realise that...as I said a small compensation for " our loss" of Amsterdam as a POC.....still waiting to see what MSC's response is to my question of the availability of a complimentary coach back to Amsterdam from Rotterdam.

i dont know if you are aware but most cruise lines have dropped Amsterdam from their itinerary.  From tomorrow 1st of Jan a tourist tax of € 8 /$9  will be charged per passenger arriving in port.  The cruise lines have reacted by dropping the port.  It is claimed that Amsterdam can not cope with the volume of visitors.  just google Amsterdam new visitor charges.  Hope this gives some clarity. 

3 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Sounds like the officials in Amsterdam have achieved their aim!  Though I'm sure most cruise passengers wouldn't have baulked at such a minimal charge to continue to have the port on their itinerary.

I had heard about Amsterdam being replaced and I also knew the charge would be 8 euros....I would have gladly paid the 8 euros rather than be stuck in a POC that doesn't have the same interest....Amsterdam would be the highlight of our cruise. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dorset Cruiser said:

We booked a fantastica balcony for April.  We have been upgraded to a Wellness balcony.  Understand we do not get the extra perks.  However do we get the Wellness anytime dining?

Yes ... restaurant seating is allocated according to cabin locations, so all those in cabins that are Aurea or Wellness enjoy the MyChoice benefit, regardless of what 'Experience' they originally booked.

Edited by Beamafar

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

Yes ... restaurant seating is allocated according to cabin locations, so all those in cabins that are Aurea or Wellness enjoy the MyChoice benefit, regardless of what 'Experience' they originally booked.

Thanks for that.  We were a bit miffed that MSC upgraded us from our carefully chosen starboard fantastica balcony when we asked not to be moved. This Wellness balcony is on the port side which is not the best side on an Eastbound transatlantic but it is what it is now.

1 minute ago, Dorset Cruiser said:

Thanks for that.  We were a bit miffed that MSC upgraded us from our carefully chosen starboard fantastica balcony when we asked not to be moved. This Wellness balcony is on the port side which is not the best side on an Eastbound transatlantic but it is what it is now.

Well, the one consolation you have is that you're getting a benefit that can't be bought (unless you actually pay Aurea, Wellness or YC prices!)