UPDATED:- ALL the INFO (in table form) on EXPERIENCES, MSC CLUB, SERVICE CHARGES etc.

Skier52

Really stressing about all this now& can’t get answers from MSC re disembarkation. I’m only going on this cruise to try MSC as have never cruised with them before. I have never had any problems with any other cruise lines. I also have walked off NCL before wiTh my case& there was a lot of people doing the same thing. Can’t see why this would not be an option, I really feel that I am going to have to book a flight as late as 14.00pm so there is no doubt about getting to the airport - either that or disembark in Marseille. This is ‘taking the shine off my holiday before it has even begun’��������
ument

I've walked off in Genoa went to the information desk explained the situation {Had to show our flight reservation documents} they exchanged our disembarkation tickets all sorted we were in the first group off.

So, complimentary breakfast in bed (for the Fantastica experience) only includes basic buffet breakfast items--coffee, tea, milk, sugar, toast, butter, jam & eggs

Also juice, hot chocolate, cereals, bread rolls and pastries - no eggs.

As someone with a gluten allergy, that's very frustrating to read. Good to know in advance, though. Thanks.

(The other two cruise lines we've travelled on had free room service food, but, you paid for delivery, so, it didn't occur to me that we'd be paying for the food separately.) For future reference, are the food costs included with any of the other experiences?

As someone with a gluten allergy, that's very frustrating to read. Good to know in advance, though. Thanks.

(The other two cruise lines we've travelled on had free room service food, but, you paid for delivery, so, it didn't occur to me that we'd be paying for the food separately.) For future reference, are the food costs included with any of the other experiences?

Only for Yacht Club Experience bookings, but also included with the deluxe (premium) drinks package.

OMG this is so helpful. Thank you very much. Can I book transfers before I travel or will I have to wait until I get on the ship.

You can do either

I've done both

but I found that it was best to prebook, as booking on the ship requires them to check with Naples sales HQ that there are available seats on the coach, which can be most of the cruise before you get an answer and that is worrying. Been there done that.

I prebooked, (had to be done by phone as you can't do it on the net.), for the cruise I had two weeks ago.

One hiccup was they wouldn't release my tickets 21 days in advance as the computer expected to have flights booked as well. so it took a phone call to my regional office to sort out, which was no trouble at all and very easily done as they had accepted my transfer booking in the first place.

Pete

Hi Canugess, last month on ORCHESTRA Warnemünde to Iceland the price for roomservice in Bella cabins were 3,95 €. In Fantastica Cabins this is free for continental breakfast and other dishes from the room menu. But for these dishes, only the service was free. For the dishes themselves, you had to pay the a la card price.

Have a nice cruise

Thank you for your reply. Its only a bog standard Continental breakfast we are likely to be ordering. Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! We are going to MSC Preziosa soon. I saw in a post in this forum that I can prepay the gratuities. Can someone tell me how? I have asked the agency I booked, but they answered that on MSC gratuities can not be prepaid...

Thanks in advance

Hello! We are going to MSC Preziosa soon. I saw in a post in this forum that I can prepay the gratuities. Can someone tell me how? I have asked the agency I booked, but they answered that on MSC gratuities can not be prepaid...

Thanks in advance

Not necessary, nor advisable to prepay gratuities. Carry cash or credit card

What if there is a service issue? What if you have to wait 30 minutes for your dinner to arrive and spend 1.5 hours at dinner?

I think you'll find that \Europeans will expect to take 1.5 - 2 hours for dinner, so it wouldn't be a service issue. It's the US guests that wolf their food down and want to have a meal in a few minutes just like in McDonalds

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

:)))

Hahaha.. yes, dinner for 1,5 hour is not a problem.

Thank you all.

The company contacted me again and told me that I can pre-pay the money. 11$ per night per person according to them. I don\t know the price of Msc Preziosa per night in euro if I pay cash onboard.

We've stayed on the ship 'til almost lunchtime on a couple of occasions when in non-YC cabins. We've been able to stay on 'til mid-afternoon and have lunch in YC on a couple of other occasions. This was on Med cruises, though, where the ship wasn't in turnaround mode (many of the ports on the itineraries were embarkation ports).

This is what we are planning to do. Med cruise, in YC, and flight is at 5:30pm. Hoping for a relaxing morning , lunch in YC and then final good bye to Barcelona.

Since we are arriving a week before cruise, all our sightseeing should be concluded before cruise starts.

This is what we are planning to do. Med cruise, in YC, and flight is at 5:30pm. Hoping for a relaxing morning , lunch in YC and then final good bye to Barcelona.

I'd respectfully suggest that you clear it with the concierge first - you won't be automatically entitled to have lunch on disembarkation day. We asked the concierge to ok it with the YC restaurant m'D. The concierge will also look after your luggage until you want to disembark and will arrange for someone to assist you with your bags when you leave. Well, that was my experience, anyway.

I'd respectfully suggest that you clear it with the concierge first - you won't be automatically entitled to have lunch on disembarkation day. We asked the concierge to ok it with the YC restaurant m'D. The concierge will also look after your luggage until you want to disembark and will arrange for someone to assist you with your bags when you leave. Well, that was my experience, anyway.
Hi, Bea, do you have to pay more for checking out on time, but leaving the ship after lunch?

Can you leave your luggage outside the room after checkout and personally carry it off the ship after lunch?

Hi, Bea, do you have to pay more for checking out on time, but leaving the ship after lunch?

Can you leave your luggage outside the room after checkout and personally carry it off the ship after lunch?

Just to be clear, D, this is YC we're speaking about. There was no extra charge; I just spoke with the concierge the day before disembarkation and explained that we had a late flight. We were able to leave our luggage with the concierge the next morning and enjoy the extra time onboard. A porter was ordered for us when we were disembarking who assisted us with our luggage all the way out to the terminal.

Just to be clear, D, this is YC we're speaking about. There was no extra charge; I just spoke with the concierge the day before disembarkation and explained that we had a late flight. We were able to leave our luggage with the concierge the next morning and enjoy the extra time onboard. A porter was ordered for us when we were disembarking who assisted us with our luggage all the way out to the terminal.
So, will they allow it for non YC cabins?

What happens if a non YC cabin checks out of the cabin at 9am, then leaves the ship at 3pm or later, cos they have a late evening flight?

I can only share what we did when we stayed on when in a non-YC cabin. We left our luggage outside the cabin the evening before; it was in the terminal waiting for us when we disembarked just before lunchtime. There was very little luggage still in the terminal at the time. We've never stayed on for lunch unless we were in YC.

I can only share what we did when we stayed on when in a non-YC cabin. We left our luggage outside the cabin the evening before; it was in the terminal waiting for us when we disembarked just before lunchtime. There was very little luggage still in the terminal at the time. We've never stayed on for lunch unless we were in YC.
Thanks Bea, isn't it risky to let the luggage remain unattended in the terminal for so many hours?

Any possibility that someone may pick it up accidentally or otherwise?

I'll admit I was quite worried about it at the time. Fortunately it was fine, but I don't know if I'd chance it again! :rolleyes: The hall looked extremely empty with just a handful of suitcases looking abandoned in a very small area of a huge warehouse. While there were a small number of work people around, no-one actually checked that we were the owners of the bags we were taking. I know that applies regardless of when you collect your luggage; it just felt odd when there were so few cases left.

Thanks in advance

Yes, you can prepay your gratuities. However, in lieu of prepaying your gratuities, I would suggest that you merely pre-purchase a credit to your account. MSC's US website will let you select from various amounts - merely select the credits you would like. As an example, if the suggested gratuities are $250, either select a $250 credit, or an amount close to $250.

I think you'll find that \Europeans will expect to take 1.5 - 2 hours for dinner, so it wouldn't be a service issue. It's the US guests that wolf their food down and want to have a meal in a few minutes just like in McDonalds

Wolfing food in a few minutes? That's mighty presumptuous of you, don't you think? I don't know of anyone who routinely wolfs down their food. Conversely, I don't know anyone who would want to spend 1.5 - 2 hours at McDonalds, whether in the US or UK.

• Like 1