rough seas

idithy

Did anyone cruised to the eastern Carribien on the beginning of October?

Is the sea rough on this time?and the weather bad?

We just booked a cruise on the 30th of Sep. and we are a bit worried.

Thanks for a quick answear. Idith

You're getting into "hurricane season" at that time of year. We did a New England coast cruise in 2015 at this same time. Coming back into port in Boston we were sailing into a big tropical storm working its way up the coast line. Last night at sea was a little rough but it didn't bother us. Another time we did a quick four day to Nassau in mid October & it was beautiful weather all four days. So you never know. Think of it as an adventure!

My husband and I went on a cruise in September and the weather was very nice. We did not experience rough seas at all. It was a couple of weeks after the hurricane hit Florida. The ship changed our itinerary, but everything went well. I've booked another cruise near the end of September this year.

• 3 weeks later...

we usually book that time of the year and have not had any major trouble. The captain will stay clear of bad waters if possible. One cruise we did have rain one day but there were a lot of indoor activities to do

• 3 weeks later...

Had an insanely bad experience returning to New York from Bermuda on NCL in early October 2012. Usually a good sailor but this was rough! I didn’t feel unsafe, just sick. I believe we sailed a week or so before Sandy hit and it might have been the tail of the storm before. Did an eastern Caribbean from Miami on Carnival in September 2015 and it was very smooth. Watch the tropical storm forecasts before you go. You’ll get a good idea of what you’re in for. Like the others said. You should be ok and they do their best to go away from or around the weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 months later...

Only Mother Nature knows , and she will let you know for she has a mind of her own. The ships will cruise around bad weather .

Ships are sailing full . Book your cruise when you can go and enjoy.

We have done two cruises in October. Both times, we had nice weather and our seas were calm. With that being said, it is hurricane season, so you just never know. We always purchase the trip insurance when traveling during hurricane season - just in case.

• 2 weeks later...