Viking Homelands

ropomo

We are departing on a Viking cruise in a few weeks (first Viking after Princess, Hal, RCL, Celebrity, Avalon). Based on our expected impressions of Viking, we may want to take advantage of on board booking benefits for our next cruise. The Viking Homelands itinerary is very attractive to us. As I'm sure all of you know, the prices vary greatly based on departure date. Has anyone experienced a "I wish we had spent more money" for warmer weather? We have done river cruises on the Danube and land ventures in Europe in October (even February) and while it required some extra clothing, it didn't bother us, but would like some feedback before our departure to help our decision making. Thanks for any thoughts.

We were on the Sept, 4 departure from Stockholm Had good weather. No more than a light windbreaker w/ flannel **** and henley the first day in St P. 85 F in Berlin and 80 F in Bergen w/no rain One thing you might want to consider is sunrise and sunset. We did not do Pulpit Rock in Stavanger as I figured we would see plenty of fjord in our transit to and from Flam(2016) We were fogged in on entry and left at dusk for Bergen. Fortunately, we had Norway In A Nutshell round trip when we left ship in Bergen so we did have that experience.