Thinking of Trying Viking Ocean

kerryincork

Viking does not claim to be all-inclusive sailing. They only claim to include the items enumerated on the website. Gratuities are not included. Alcohol beverages are not included. Laundry service is not included. Spa services are not included. Optional tours are not included. This is not nickel-and-diming; it is fee for service. Nickel and diming would be charging for the bottles of water they hand you as you walk off the ship each day or for a coffee outside of mealtime or for the specialty restaurants or that one last glass of wine that you carry out of dinner to drink at the show or in your cabin or a corkage fee in the dining room or for room service. That would be nickel-and-diming.

Viking does not claim to be all-inclusive sailing. They only claim to include the items enumerated on the website. Gratuities are not included. Alcohol beverages are not included. Laundry service is not included. Spa services are not included. Optional tours are not included. This is not nickel-and-diming; it is fee for service. Nickel and diming would be charging for the bottles of water they hand you as you walk off the ship each day or for a coffee outside of mealtime or for the specialty restaurants or that one last glass of wine that you carry out of dinner to drink at the show or in your cabin or a corkage fee in the dining room or for room service. That would be nickel-and-diming.

Small clarification for the Viking World Cruises. While Peregrina has described the normal Viking cruises, the World Cruises may have additional perks.

Our 2020 WC is almost all-inclusive - free gratuities, free drinks package, free Visa's, free luggage forwarding, plus extensive OBC. All in addition to Viking's basic perks.

I thought there was always a charge for classes. Just the facilities were included.

Everything I have read and from talking to others is the class charge is something new. There was an article in USA Today on Viking ocean that said the fitness classes were included

Small clarification for the Viking World Cruises. While Peregrina has described the normal Viking cruises, the World Cruises may have additional perks.

Our 2020 WC is almost all-inclusive - free gratuities, free drinks package, free Visa's, free luggage forwarding, plus extensive OBC. All in addition to Viking's basic perks.

What about the gym classes on the WC, any idea?

• 2 weeks later...
Another quick question: can the beds be separated in to singles?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Forums mobile app

Ours were slightly separated on last cruise but the distance from closet is the same as there is a nightstand that is used as a spacer. If you have them put the other nightstand between the beds, then it is hard to get by the corner closest to the desk. I would say ours were 4 inches apart. This would be for a V or DV cabin

• 2 weeks later...

SEE ANSWERS BELOW IN ALL CAPS....

I have sailed with NCL, RCCL, MSC, Celebrity, Carnival and Princess. I am booked with P&O next summer. Out of the cruise lines I have listed, which lines entertainment is closest to Viking? VIKING IS IN A CLASS OF ITS OWN. NO CHILDREN UNDER 18, UNBELIEVABLE SPA THAT MAKES YOU ACTUALLY WANT TO BUY THE HARMONY MASSAGE OIL, EXCELLENT FOOD, SERENE ATMOSPHERE, ETC. ETC.

I have looked at different itineraries they have and am interested in the 15 day ones. When I look at the details, it says that flights and excursions are included.

If flying from the UK and boarding in the Caribbean what airline do they typically use? Is it possible to upgrade your flight? Is it easy to do? HIGHLY RECOMMEND BOOKING YOUR OWN AIR AND ASKING FOR A CREDIT. IT WON'T BE MUCH, BUT BOOKING AIR THROUGH THE CRUISELINE IS ALWAYS DICEY.

With excursions, when I am looking at the different cabins it says I can book 60 days out? Do the included excursions book out? Is it possible that there will be no availability for included excursion? SOMETIMES THE EXCURSIONS WILL BOOK UP QUICKLY. I BELIEVE THAT THE HIGHER YOUR CABIN CATEGORY, THE EARLIER YOU MAY BOOK EXCURSIONS.

The mini-bar in the room is this at a cost? THE MINI BAR IS NOT AT COST, EXCEPT IF YOU WANT ALCOHOL. IN HIGHER CATEGORY (PENTHOUSE & UP), THE MINI BAR IS STOCKED WITH TINY BOTTLES OF YOUR CHOICE OF ALCOHOL ETC. AT NO COST.

It also says speciality coffee are included, does this mean cuppachinos? YES

As they provide flights are transfers included? NOT SURE, WE BOOKED OUR OWN AIR.

Any info would be appreciated. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH VIKING. WE HAVE BEEN ON EVERY CRUISE LINE AND VIKING IS ITS OWN CLASS. NOT STUFFY, NOT A "PARTY ATMOSPHERE" (SEE CARNIVAL), NO LITTLE KIDS RUNNING AROUND, JUST CALM AND LOVELY. WHATEVER YOU DO, TAKE SOME TIME TO DO A SPA ACTIVITY. WE NEVER DO THEM BECAUSE WE ARE DISAPPOINTED IN QUALITY, ETC. THIS SPA IS SIMPLY AMAZING AND THE PRODUCTS USED: C/O GERD--ARE OUTSTANDING. ENJOY!!!!!

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Forums mobile app

Does Viking have seating times for dining? How about choice of dining alone vs dining with fellow passengers?

Viking does not have traditional fixed seating, you can turn up at the MDR any time it is open. Advise the host/hostess how many in your party and you will be seated accordingly. Also advise if you want to share.

Viking does not have traditional fixed seating, you can turn up at the MDR any time it is open. Advise the host/hostess how many in your party and you will be seated accordingly. Also advise if you want to share.

Thanks so much. Reading this and another thread has piqued my interest in trying Viking.