Parking in Mobile, AL

Cruzin'Kris

I have read all of the old threads regarding this so I’m looking for updated information. We leave for our cruise in April, Yay! We are driving down the morning of, we are only 4 1/2 hours away. I’ve read that the lines are horrific to get into the cruise parking terminal. So looking for suggestions on whether this has gotten better or if it’s less chaotic to park at a close by garage and walk the few blocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've cruised out of Mobile 3 or 4 times and in my opinion the traffic is still a nightmare. We drive from further away so we stay at a park and cruise hotel that shuttles us to and from. I know there are several downtown parking lots that might be an option. You might contact the Mobile Chamber of Commerce for more info.

I've cruised out of Mobile 3 or 4 times and in my opinion the traffic is still a nightmare. We drive from further away so we stay at a park and cruise hotel that shuttles us to and from. I know there are several downtown parking lots that might be an option. You might contact the Mobile Chamber of Commerce for more info.

Thank you for your response. I’m wishing now I would have booked a hotel the night before but I have already purchased tickets to see a comedy show the night before we depart so I have no choice but to drive down the morning of.

We drove from Atlanta in early Dec. Did not have any traffic. We arrived at Port around 12 and was on board by 1. Longest wait was in front of terminal as cars were unloading luggage.

Hank

We drove from Atlanta in early Dec. Did not have any traffic. We arrived at Port around 12 and was on board by 1. Longest wait was in front of terminal as cars were unloading luggage.

Hank

Yay! That’s good news! Thank you!

I decided to go ahead and pre-pay for parking at the cruise terminal parking. Earliest check in I could get is 12:30 so I’m hoping traffic won’t be too bad. I’ll try to remember to update our experience when we get back. We set sail April 7 [emoji4]

Do you have a park and cruise hotel you recommend?

• 3 months later...
I decided to go ahead and pre-pay for parking at the cruise terminal parking. Earliest check in I could get is 12:30 so I’m hoping traffic won’t be too bad. I’ll try to remember to update our experience when we get back. We set sail April 7 [emoji4]

I'm in the same situation (check in at 12:30). I've considered terminal parking, but I read in a different thread that you can park in the city garage for $7. I was just curious about your parking experience.

We are driving from Kansas City and plan on arriving at the port around 10:00. If anyone else can give me information about parking and how to get from garage to pier I'd be very grateful.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm in the same situation (check in at 12:30). I've considered terminal parking, but I read in a different thread that you can park in the city garage for $7. I was just curious about your parking experience.

We are driving from Kansas City and plan on arriving at the port around 10:00. If anyone else can give me information about parking and how to get from garage to pier I'd be very grateful.

I seriously doubt you'll find $7 prices anymore. The county used to own that garage, but they sold it to a private company a few years ago. Near as I can tell, this is who operates that parking garage now and I'm hearing prices in the $10 range, but I don't know if that's daily parking or long term.

Central Parking System

126 South Jackson Street

Mobile, AL 36602

+1-251-438-7066

• 1 month later...