2016 Carival Fantasy Bahama Cruise Video

Presentation

Just a bit of back ground. Videography is my hobby. I'm a amature.

I had someone cut down one of my videos. The criticism got to me. I took the comment personal. The comment was personal. I deleted the video and stopped making videos for a couple of years.

Still, I wanted to enjoy my hobby. I read articles, purchased more camera equipment, then searched YouTube for videos that would help me become a better videographer. Then one YouTube video changed my approach. It was by the "Basic Filmaker" where the title said he will share the #1 mistake filmmakers make. I clicked on the video hoping to learn a new technique, a new skill, a TIP, or a new piece of equipment. It turns out I was making the #1 mistake. So what was it? Not making it. That's it. Rather underwhelming, but it's the mistake I was making.

Since then I noticed something. Those people that post negative comments on amature / hobbiest videos are making that #1 mistake too. They cut down other people's content but they are not making their own videos for other people to cut down.

So, here is my cruise video. I put a lot of time into making it. I had fun making it. It's full of things I could have done better. Enjoy it. Don't enjoy it. Like it. Don't like it. Share it. Don't share it. Add a supportive comment or a critical comment. I made it. And my next video will be even better.

Click here to see video at YouTube ♦️--->

[YOUTUBE]8pUqQREHG7E[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Presentation

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed it!

One thing I try to do is determine whether i'm trying to primarily provide Information or Entertainment. Am I doing this to inform people about something or am I trying to entertain people?

Most often, I move towards entertainment - and I often get criticized for not telling enough about a place or a thing that was being done (like subtitling my videos).

Don't let the criticism get to you. Everyone is a critic. If you like it, GREAT. If you see room for improvement, AWESOME. That means you will improve.

My signature has my last 3 cruise videos. There is a definite improvement from the bottom to the top. Some techniques I've learned, errors I've made, some in post, some behind the lens. Others are things I've always wanted to try. Some fell flat. The bottom line is never stop pushing yourself and you'll always get better.