Bermuda Horse Trail rides?

missingyou

Anyone done the horse trail rides through Mike Watson? Are there other trail rides? How early do we need to book? Cruising to Bermuda July 28, 2019 so we have a year to plan. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anyone done the horse trail rides through Mike Watson? Are there other trail rides? How early do we need to book? Cruising to Bermuda July 28, 2019 so we have a year to plan. Thanks in advance!

Spicelands Equestrian Center also offers trail rides. SEC is located close to the South Shore beaches. Here is the link: http://spicelandsriding.com/index.html

SBtS

Spicelands Equestrian Center also offers trail rides. SEC is located close to the South Shore beaches. Here is the link: http://spicelandsriding.com/index.html

Spicelands may be closed. I can't say 100% sure one way or another but In 2016 they closed the riding school and said the stables would stay open and they would still offer rides but it appears the rides at Spiceland might have ended at the beginning of this year. There were articles about the horses finding new homes and there is a review on TripAdvisor saying it is closed. Confusion comes about because the riding school at the stables and stables of the same name apparently were seperate.

I have not been on any of the Horseback rides but Mike Watson gets good reviews.

https://www.watsonsbermudahorsetrailrides.com

There is also a stable and horseback riding in St. George's.

http://bermudahorsetrailride.com/index.html

Thanks to all who responded i checked TripAdvisor and it rated Mike Watson very highly. We remember seeing folks on a trail ride when we walked the trails between Horseshoe Bay and Warwick Long Bay ( I think I have that right ) a few years ago and thought it looked fun, so we were thinking of trying it on this trip.

• 3 weeks later...

We just got off the Anthem today and did a ride with Mike Watson. It was fabulous! It rained a lot of the time, but it didn't even matter. Mike is quite a character and a very accomplished horseman. This is not your typical everybody file in line and plod along type ride, he was adamant that we learn the proper way to ride and interact with the horses (most of which were show horses). You go on all types of terrain and through a jungle like setting before you come out to the beach, which was absolutely stunning! You won't be disappointed if you book with him. Have fun!

We just got off the Anthem today and did a ride with Mike Watson. It was fabulous! It rained a lot of the time, but it didn't even matter. Mike is quite a character and a very accomplished horseman. This is not your typical everybody file in line and plod along type ride, he was adamant that we learn the proper way to ride and interact with the horses (most of which were show horses). You go on all types of terrain and through a jungle like setting before you come out to the beach, which was absolutely stunning! You won't be disappointed if you book with him. Have fun!

Where is the stable located and how much does he charge?

Laura

We too did a trail ride with Mike Watson in early July. It was fabulous! An unexpected highlight was riding on Warwick Long Bay Beach and in the water. We booked our trail ride for two in early Feb. there were a total of four of us on the ride. Like Gator92’s ride, ours was rainy but still amazing! I highly recommend it!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The ride we did was a 90 minute sunrise ride. It started at 7:30am, although because it was raining, we pushed it back about 30 minutes. The cost was $100. If you port in Kings Wharf, its about a 20-30 minute taxi ride to get to the stable. Hope that helps.