Bermuda Sand Sculpture Competition

blueridgemama

I found on another Bermuda site that there is an annual sand sculpture competition held at Horseshoe Bay Beach on September 1, 2018. Might be fun to go to if your ship is in port on Sept 1st or, conversely, it might be so crowded that you might want to stay away๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

I found on another Bermuda site that there is an annual sand sculpture competition held at Horseshoe Bay Beach on September 1, 2018. Might be fun to go to if your ship is in port on Sept 1st or, conversely, it might be so crowded that you might want to stay away[emoji1][emoji1]

ย 

ย 

ย 

Too bad there are no ships docked at the Dockyard on September 1. Sounds like fun. There is a small ship docked at St.George's that day but since it is their last day probably not a good idea to them to go to Horseshoe from there.

Maybe that's why they do it on a day when there are no ships docked. It looks like more of a local event. I just saw some pictures and a video and the sculptures are incredible!

ย 

Local events are usually on Saturday on the weekend or on a holiday when people have a day off. Sunday a lot of Bermudians attend church. The weekend is usually when there are the fewest number of cruise ship calls. So probably it is a coincidence. There still will be tourists who can attend, those who have flown in for a Bermuda vacation.

I am flying in for my visit so I am really disappointed to miss this event.

ย 

ย 

ย 

I keep thinking of flying in for a visit instead of a cruise but the problem is that the kind of accommodations I prefer are expensive in Bermuda. So I end up again on a cruise ship as my hotel.

I know! I was originally booked on a Celebrity cruise in August but after researching what I wanted to see/do in Bermuda I decided to "bite the bullet" and invest more money by staying on the island. We are staying at The Reefs and even with a decent deal on Expedia it is still crazy expensive . We are staying for a week and I am really looking forward to seeing as much as possible but still having time to relax at the pool and beach at the hotel.

I know! I was originally booked on a Celebrity cruise in August but after researching what I wanted to see/do in Bermuda I decided to "bite the bullet" and invest more money by staying on the island. We are staying at The Reefs and even with a decent deal on Expedia it is still crazy expensive . We are staying for a week and I am really looking forward to seeing as much as possible but still having time to relax at the pool and beach at the hotel.

ย 

ย 

ย 

Sounds great. I think you made a good choice. The Reefs is where I would stay, there or the Fairmont Southampton. I also canceled an August cruise on Celebrity and I am going to another expensive island in the Atlantic instead in August......Iceland....for a week. Was convinced to do something different this year. Still my expensive accommodations in Iceland are less than The Reefs.