Mutiny on the Bounty

Hubby and I are thinking of doing this next year and are interested in any feedback or reviews? I have looked - not sure I'm looking in the right place for reviews? I keep finding Debsta's youtube video(and love it) and hope you've also done a written review? TIA

Hubby and I are thinking of doing this next year and are interested in any feedback or reviews? I have looked - not sure I'm looking in the right place for reviews? I keep finding Debsta's youtube video(and love it) and hope you've also done a written review? TIA

It is a wonderful cruise....but just one thought for you to take on board:)

If you are booking the cruise for the sole purpose of landing at Norfolk Island you may be disappointed.The seas around the Island are not always kind , nor do they co-operate with the P&O Itinerary. Your only sighting of the Island could very well be from on deck as it could be too rough to go ashore. As far as I know only a couple of cruises have actually managed to land there.

That's so true David ... we weren't able to get there as the sea had a 1/2 metre swell at the dock. We were told by crew that it had been at least 6 months or more before any of the cruise ships had been able to dock which at that time was about 10 itineraries.

So disappointing for the people of Norfolk Island who anticipate the visit so much as well as passengers who book the cruise for this port alone ... I really have no idea why cruise lines keep this port on itineraries if the odds are strongly against them to put a tender into the water let alone get it to the dock safely.

• 4 years later...

My Husband and I are going on this cruise in a couple of weeks.

I was wondering if you need to take Tongan $$$ with you, they take AUD, or if AUD are available for exchange on board, or, if its easy to get Ton$$ on sure i.e. an ATM???

Thanks

Our family did this cruise 12 months ago. Was probably the best cruise we had done, till we did PNG in Feb this year.

We didn't get onto Norfolk Island unfortunately, but this should be a problem of the past with the construction of a new dock at Cascade finishing by the end of the year.

Tonga was brilliant, Fiji as well. Highly recommend the Ohaihi(sp?) Beach and cave tour in Nuku'alofa and the Savala Island day cruise from Denaru. Also in Fiji, try and look for Moana Tours, they have a Facebook page. We booked privately with them and they hosted us around Suva and took us to a village outside of Suva. Much better than anything the ship had on offer. They also have a tent when the ships are in port at the dock.

As far as the cruise, be warned that it is a blue rinse cruise. The line up of walkers and carts at the Waterfront each night was spectacular. Other than that it was a fantastic cruise and one every serious cruiser from Australia should do at least once.

Thanks so much Cool Cruiser, this is wonderful info. I have passed it onto our travelling friends also.

Did you have any advice on the Tongan $$? Do we need to take Tongan $$$ with us, or will they take AUD? Or is an exchange available on the ship or easy to get from and ATM?

• 3 weeks later...