Rhapsody Disembarkation

We are staying in an Owner’s Suite on a Rhapsody Greece sailing and will be Disembarking in Venice.

Scheduled arrival time in Venice is 6:45am.

Booked Car Transfer for 10am pick up at port

Flight departs from VCE at 1:45pm

Can we remain in the Concierge Lounge until 9:30-9:45am and then meet our driver at 10am on port? (I realize we must vacate our rooms at 8:30am)

Will breakfast be served in the concierge lounge on the morning on disembarkation?

There isn’t enough time to do a tour before our flight and I don’t want to be sitting at the airport 3+ hours...

Is this plan reasonable?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bizzie07, Do you recall how long it took from your leaving the ship to gather luggage and be ready to meet a port transfer? I was allowing 30 minutes and would now be rescheduling my pick up for 9:45am.

With your experience, would this be appropriate?

Whenever you decide to leave the ship I would only allow 15mins. It's just a case of walking down the ramps collect luggage and keep walking. It doesn't take any time at all. I don't remember seeing any customs etc. The journey to the airport is short (less than 30 mins) but Venice airport is not the best and it took a while to get through check in and security.

... Will breakfast be served in the concierge lounge on the morning on disembarkation? ...

This is something to ask once the concierge once you are onboard. Sometimes they don't have the continental breakfast on the last morning.

We have disembarked Rhapsody, Vision and Splendour in Venice and have left our cabin at around 8.15 ish without a problem. I know in June we had breakfast in the Concierge Lounge, usual continental style offerings. As someone said before it's only 20-25 mins to the airport. Venice Airport is a total nightmare though so be prepared, luckily we had access to one of the lounges which was a huge advantage.

Pencruise, thank you for the advice. I have passes for the lounge as well. Do you remember what was offered in the VCE lounge? Snacks/Beverages? Hubby and I enjoy the lounge experience but our teens sometimes find it boring and lacking in snacks they enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure if this is relevant - more of a lurker than a poster on these boards :-), but you mentioned you have teenagers. Please keep in mind that, in our experience, at the airport they will pull teenagers aside and question them separately, and sometimes it may be difficult to understand with the accent. I wish we had realized this would happen with our 13 year old previously and prepared him for it - he just felt like he was yanked away from the family and questioned and was in trouble. He didn't know the answers to some questions because his mom packed his bags (which was a fine answer), but it took some additional time and, you may already know this, but we did not and it was just a unique experience for our otherwise well-traveled son!

We sailed on Rhapsody in May/ June. They served a suite breakfast in Chops on disembarkment. That is also where suite guests were asked to meet for priority disembarkment. We met our diver as soon as we gathered our luggage and were in the airport in no time at all. It was one of the easiest disembarkment ever.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We sailed on Rhapsody in May/ June. They served a suite breakfast in Chops on disembarkment. That is also where suite guests were asked to meet for priority disembarkment. We met our diver as soon as we gathered our luggage and were in the airport in no time at all. It was one of the easiest disembarkment ever.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you remember what time you disembarked? Our flight is not until 1:45pm so would like a relaxing morning with breakfast (not sure how late they will let us stay in Chops) If we wait until 9:00 to disembark we should be at the airport before 10:00am with lots of time to spare at the airport.

Do you remember what time you disembarked? Our flight is not until 1:45pm so would like a relaxing morning with breakfast (not sure how late they will let us stay in Chops) If we wait until 9:00 to disembark we should be at the airport before 10:00am with lots of time to spare at the airport.

We left around 7:30 (if I remember right )which ended up too early as we had to wait for American Airlines to open their counters at 9 AM after we arrived at the airport .