Adventure of the Seas Panoramic Oceanview

My husband and I stayed in a panoramic ocean view on the Explorer of the Seas last year. It was basically an ocean view room with a floor to ceiling window. While the view was great, and the price was right, the noise from the pool deck was deafening. Blaring music all day long. Never again. Astonished by the people who said it was quiet. Maybe they didn't spend much time in their rooms...

They are. I don’t think pool noise would be a factor.

The person above posted that they heard a lot of pool noise

[ATTACH]422065[/ATTACH][ATTACH]422066[/ATTACH].

Room 1834 Deck 12. No Pool, elevator or outside noise...but the walls between these rooms are not soundproof. Yes, you can hear your neighbors, their television and more. We turned up our tv which solved the issue. The room appeared larger to us (probably) because of the shape. We originally booked a balcony but jumped at the opportunity to stay in a “new” room. It worked out well because there were a few rainy & cool days. The chairs in front of the panoramic windows were perfect to relax, watch the waves and eat sheltered from the rain and wind. We would stay in this room again- easy access to spa & solarium, no crowds and not much traffic passing through.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[ATTACH]422065[/ATTACH][ATTACH]422066[/ATTACH].

Room 1834 Deck 12. No Pool, elevator or outside noise...but the walls between these rooms are not soundproof. Yes, you can hear your neighbors, their television and more. We turned up our tv which solved the issue. The room appeared larger to us (probably) because of the shape. We originally booked a balcony but jumped at the opportunity to stay in a “new” room. It worked out well because there were a few rainy & cool days. The chairs in front of the panoramic windows were perfect to relax, watch the waves and eat sheltered from the rain and wind. We would stay in this room again- easy access to spa & solarium, no crowds and not much traffic passing through.

9d87ce3fccf8fcd2166a2e11e0f09d58.jpg371857d6c91b31ea1a36b178d3f4c127.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’ve been checking out a lot of photos of these rooms and the exterior expansion that houses them. I think I’ve figured this out - the last seven cabins on each side of Adventure and Mariner (1876-1888 and 1826-1838) are actually deeper than the other panoramic rooms because on these two ships, they are not balcony cabins. The 5’-0” +/- that comprises balconies on Voyager, Navigator and Explorer is part of the cabin on these two ships. Hence the additional space inside for the two chairs in front of the windows. That’s quite a significant amout of cabin space! The more forward rooms and those along the curve at the front do not have the floor space for these extra chairs (except the larger pie shaped units but those are a whole different story). I’m booked into 1882. Looking forward to the view!

I’ve been checking out a lot of photos of these rooms and the exterior expansion that houses them. I think I’ve figured this out - the last seven cabins on each side of Adventure and Mariner (1876-1888 and 1826-1838) are actually deeper than the other panoramic rooms because on these two ships, they are not balcony cabins. The 5’-0” +/- that comprises balconies on Voyager, Navigator and Explorer is part of the cabin on these two ships. Hence the additional space inside for the two chairs in front of the windows. That’s quite a significant amout of cabin space! The more forward rooms and those along the curve at the front do not have the floor space for these extra chairs (except the larger pie shaped units but those are a whole different story). I’m booked into 1882. Looking forward to the view!

They seem to be quite large -- the site says they are 191 sq. ft.