Plan, Research, Go - travel blog

Cruise Blogs & Websites
Share your personal cruise-related blog or website with others!

This forum is a showcase for your PERSONAL cruise website or blog.

Please do not link to commercial websites or cruise message board forums here.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:08 AM.
Canada
94 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
Hello Everybody

Just started up a travel blog recently and having a boatload of fun with it.
Only a few articles up right now but of course, will be adding much more. Was on a recent cruise to the Baltics so I'm just currently working through some thoughts on the port cities I visited.

For the blog I'm focusing more on travel research and trying to write detailed articles on specific topics to answer specific questions. Of course, some general topics as well. Let's see how this goes!

Please have a visit and let me know what you think.

http://kensaysgotravel.com

Ken
6 Posts
Joined Jul 2015
Originally posted by Kkyykk
Hello Everybody

Only a few articles up right now but of course, will be adding much more. Was on a recent cruise to the Baltics so I'm just currently working through some thoughts on the port cities I visited.

For the blog I'm focusing more on travel research and trying to write detailed articles on specific topics to answer specific questions. Of course, some general topics as well. Let's see how this goes!

Ken
Hi Ken - Took a look - nice looking site you got going there. Good start.

Actually, your article on getting to Slussen T-Bana from the port area was really useful to me. We will be visiting Stockholm shortly so thanks! Can't wait for the rest of your Stockholm posts (hurry, before I depart!)

Tom
Canada
94 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
Thanks Tom!

Glad that article helps you.

Since you will be in Stockholm, just want to let you know that there are a couple other posts I did may be helpful to you. For example, "Free Wifi Around the Stockholm Stadsgarden Port Area" and "5 Free Things To Do in Stockholm With the Family".

Also, I'm trying to finish up an article on the Stockholm subway (they are visually stunning!). You should check that one out too (sometime this week I hope).

Ken
Calgary
76 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Originally posted by Kkyykk
Hello Everybody

Ken
Great start- loved the piece about the subway art- who would have thought! Do you intend to limit the blog to Europe or will you eventually want to include other non european destinations? This is a big undertaking, so thanks for taking the plunge.
Regards Peter, Calgary
Canada
94 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
Originally posted by ledodeck01
Great start- loved the piece about the subway art- who would have thought! Do you intend to limit the blog to Europe or will you eventually want to include other non european destinations? This is a big undertaking, so thanks for taking the plunge.
Regards Peter, Calgary
Hi Peter,
Thanks for visiting!
In the short term, I've got lots of ideas in mind for many European destinations that I've visited. Either different topics or similar topics to what others have written but with some twist to it as I usually like to observe small details which are helpful.

However, I do intend to include other non-Euro destinations. For example I'm visiting Asia in 2016 so there's lots to write about there. Or even our neighbour to the east - Montreal - has some interesting topics that I'm itching to write about as well.

Please make some return visits and I'll try my best to have some useful topics. Maybe I'll mix it up the destinations a bit - not sure yet. There's this thing called "work" that always gets in the way.....
9 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
hey! nice blog and the baltics is a beautiful and underrated area. can i ask what you used to create your blog? and did you buy your own domain name? i also want to start up a travel blog but not with blogger or wordpress. i was thinking of using this provider becuase they have a service which is express to create a blog: http://www.1and1.com/create-a-blog i'm really not technical so i want it to be as easy as possible, but also professional becuase i want to be able to use it for my cv or to present to people, and i also want my own domain. so i'd love to know what you did and what did and didn't work for you. any help appreciated, thanks!