Diamond Member benefits?

Just checked my Crown and Anchor ID and discovered we're diamonds because we've also sailed on Celebrity several times. IN reading the benefits, I was curious about a few of them.

What are the welcome waters and snacks? Is it just a can of soda and a plate of cookies or something more?

What do I expect from the "chef's choice gift amenity"?

What kind of discounted rates are there for booking?

The other amenity that surprised me is that it said " Three nightly drink vouchers will be loaded on the member's SeaPass card to be used in venues throughout the ship."

What are the welcome waters and snacks? Is it just a can of soda and a plate of cookies or something more?

Water soda and cookies -sometimes a plate of undesirable appetizers

What do I expect from the "chef's choice gift amenity"?

I’ve never seen this

What kind of discounted rates are there for booking?

I believe the discounts are only on balcony or higher

The other amenity that surprised me is that it said " Three nightly drink vouchers will be loaded on the member's SeaPass card to be used in venues throughout the ship”

Yes you can go to the bar and get three diamond indicates drinks at no charge

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

... What do I expect from the "chef's choice gift amenity"? ...

This is a treat you will find in your stateroom, usually in the afternoon, maybe two or three times per cruise. Things like chocolate covered strawberries, cheese plate, petit fours, etc.

Just checked my Crown and Anchor ID and discovered we're diamonds because we've also sailed on Celebrity several times. IN reading the benefits, I was curious about a few of them.

"

You are not Diamond because you also sailed on Celebrity. Yes, RCCL and Celebrity do cross-honor your loyalty level but each program is separate and Celebrity points do not count toward you level on RCCL and visa-versa.

You are not Diamond because you also sailed on Celebrity. Yes, RCCL and Celebrity do cross-honor your loyalty level but each program is separate and Celebrity points do not count toward you level on RCCL and visa-versa.

The red highlighted text is accurate.

Just checked my Crown and Anchor ID and discovered we're diamonds because we've also sailed on Celebrity several times.

OP, are you Elite or higher on Celebrity? If so then yes, you are Diamond on Royal.

The red highlighted text is accurate.

OP, are you Elite or higher on Celebrity? If so then yes, you are Diamond on Royal.

Actually, the entire statement was accurate not just the red highlighted. RCCL and Celebrity do cross-honor levels.

You will normally find 4 bottles of water(500ml) in your cabin. A soda of your choice and normally a plate of cookies.

You need to ring RCI and speak to the Crown & Anchor department to select your soda of choice. You can have things like cola,apple juice, grapefruit juice. Sorry can't remember the others.

If you are Elite on X then you will receive the Diamond perks on RCI.

They points from X do not count towards RCI and vice versa. So if you decide you like RCI and you want to continue up to reach D+ you are essentially starting from zero.

You can call to order your amenity (a can of soda per cabin.. sorry hardly a biggie)

You will get a plate of canapés or chocolate covered strawberries delivered, usually on formal night.

In addition to being able to access the Diamond lounge for complimentary drinks during 5-8:30 (approx) you will also be able to order from the same menu at a bar 3 drinks during those same hours. Drinks in the lounge are unlimited. Bullies also available but not listed.

I hope that helps.

24261518c494dfc6365bc14e9f3c8611.jpg

If you are booked into a balcony there is a actual $ discount on the cruise fare for being Diamond.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The points from X do not count towards your RCI total and vice versa. So if you decide you like RCI and you want to continue up to reach D+ you are essentially starting from zero.

You can call to order your amenity (a can of soda per cabin.. sorry hardly a biggie)

You will get a plate of canapés or chocolate covered strawberries delivered, usually on formal night.

In addition to being able to access the Diamond lounge for complimentary drinks during 5-8:30 (approx) you will also be able to order from the same menu at a bar 3 drinks during those same hours. Drinks in the lounge are unlimited. Bubbles also available but not listed.

If you are booked into a balcony there is a actual $ discount on the cruise fare for being Diamond.

I hope that helped.

They points from X do not count towards RCI and vice versa. So if you decide you like RCI and you want to continue up to reach D+ you are essentially starting from zero.

In addition to being able to access the Diamond lounge for complimentary drinks during 5-8:30 (approx) you will also be able to order from the same menu at a bar 3 drinks during those same hours. Drinks in the lounge are unlimited. Bullies also available but not listed.

I hope that helps.

I know that was a typo, but it is hysterically funny. It is a comment that some of the posters here on CC would actually make.

Unless things have changed very recently you can get a bottle of beer as D amenity, not just a soda. We have Corona as our choice and got it in April this year.

That would be D+ or better to get an alcoholic welcome aboard drink.

I know that was a typo, but it is hysterically funny. It is a comment that some of the posters here on CC would actually make.

LOL! And I thought I corrected that typo quickly! Well spotted.

Here is the 'back door' to select your gift preferences

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/mycruises/vanityDisplayValidateAmenityMemberInfo.do

That would be D+ or better to get an alcoholic welcome aboard drink.

My mistake. I'm sure we had the choice of a small bottle of wine or Corona in the past at Diamond as remember our sons getting them and they have never been D+, although I know they did away with the small wine bottles some time ago.

Sorry, my mistake about adding RCL points to Celebrity. It's been years since I've cruised Celebrity. Didn't realize I was already a Diamond member there. That's what happens when you cruise multiple lines - you forget the points do add up eventually!

Looking at the happy hour drink menu, I don't see any mixed drinks. Does that mean the only mixers are club soda, tonic or water? So there would be no Bloody Marys, Singapore Slings, Margaritas, etc?

Looking at the happy hour drink menu, I don't see any mixed drinks. Does that mean the only mixers are club soda, tonic or water? So there would be no Bloody Marys, Singapore Slings, Margaritas, etc?

I have gotten Bloody Mary’s in the DL, SL and a few bars. Not all of the bars will let you use a Dcoupon for them though. I’ve also had cosmos and seen lots of different mixed drinks just nothing frozen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've mostly had success getting Bloody Marys in the lounges - occasionally but not always at the bars. Never seen Singapore Sling or Margaritas though.

We were on the Explorer Transpacific earlier in the year and noticed them serving Bloody Marys in the lounge (which was held in the Star Lounge due to the huge number of D and above onboard). When asked if they were included (as they weren't on the printed list) the server told us that they shouldn't have been included but a Pinnacle member had made a big fuss about it so they had decided to allow them ;p

Next cruise I will be Diamond. Thanks for sharing the Drink Menu. Just a couple questions, if I order at a bar would Martini, Margarita or Bloody Mary be included in the complimentary drinks? Also could I order an additional drink for a friend traveling with me?

Next cruise I will be Diamond. Thanks for sharing the Drink Menu. Just a couple questions, if I order at a bar would Martini, Margarita or Bloody Mary be included in the complimentary drinks? Also could I order an additional drink for a friend traveling with me?

Doesn't matter where you order, the same drink menu applies to your voucher drinks. We've been able to use vouchers for friends.