Fave Port Canaveral Excursion if you have kids (specifically I have boys ages 7 & 10)

Tanisdrew79

For boys that age, I think NASA is an excellent choice. I grew up in Orlando, so I visited it a lot when I was that age. There's quite a bit to do. I'm not sure how it is handled as an excursion through the cruise ship, but it is close enough that you could reasonably get a car rental and do NASA on your own and maybe even check out Cocoa Beach as well.

Most of the fun things offered through the ship are going to require going all the way to Orlando and as I stated in the Harry Potter thread, it just isn't worth it with the travel time.

back in 2013, we rented a car and kayaks and, based on recommendations from the kayak rental place, we explored a state park which had manatees and dolphins swimming around. Of course we were probably in the wrong spot and not allowed but my kids still talk about it and we have some great videos and pictures of that day. The manatees were right next to our kayaks and bumping them. The dolphins were jumping right next to us. Our younger two kids that went with us were 11 and 13. There are places that will take you on these tours and its a nice break. This was in port Canaveral. We would have done Disney or universal studios but it was really expensive. They had been to NASA in Houston already which they did like.

Anyone done Disney excursion? I imagine its high price with limited time at the parks once you get there and before you have to return, but perfect ages for kids. Will definitely be considering it when we have a stop there for future cruise.

Go to the Space Center. You'll spend less time traveling, more time enjoying the actual destination.

Keep an eye here: https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/launches-and-events/events-calendar?pageindex=1&categories=Rocket%20Launches As we get closer to launches, those dates will lock down and who knows... you might be able to see something pretty spectacular.

For Port Canaveral, I highly recommend renting a car. Its usually not that expensive, probably no more than 50 bucks for the day last time i checked. With a car, you have the freedom to go anywhere.

Orlando has tons of stuff that's not theme parks.

https://www.internationaldriveorlando.com/things-to-do/orlando-attractions/ International drive is chocked full of stuff. I did the zombie outbreak, and wow, it was so much fun.

At Disney Springs, there this star wars attraction. No charge for parking there, but you need reservations. You can't just walk up and do it. https://www.thevoid.com/locations/orlando?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhpLLp73y3AIV2FqGCh2ecg9YEAAYASAAEgICMfD_BwE If i had known about it, i would have done this instead.

Theme parks are great and I love the Harry Potter stuff at Universal, but its too much for a single day (pricewise and timewise). The other things are cheaper.