Paying balance online from the UK

Hi all.

We're booked on a cruise on Independence of the Seas in October.

We are based in the UK.

I've just tried to pay my balance online but I'm getting continual 'failed to connect to server, please call to pay your balance' error messages.

I don't really want to ring and pay the premium call rates, so I'm wondering if anyone else in the UK has had problems using online payments?

Thanks.

Yes, I couldn't do it when I tried to a week or two ago. Kept getting a similar error message. Had to call them in the end, although as it was a premium number I did it on my phone at work (naughty!). Seems like it's an on-going error then... is there a live chat option? You could ask them to call you back?

Yes, I couldn't do it when I tried to a week or two ago. Kept getting a similar error message. Had to call them in the end, although as it was a premium number I did it on my phone at work (naughty!). Seems like it's an on-going error then... is there a live chat option? You could ask them to call you back?

Thanks.

No, no 'live chat' option. My cynical side thinks they do it on purpose to ensure we pay using their premium rate phone lines.

Thanks.

No, no 'live chat' option. My cynical side thinks they do it on purpose to ensure we pay using their premium rate phone lines.

It's really naughty that they don't give out this number anymore, I have an old brochure and it's clearly printed there as the contact number. A few years later they only print the 0845 chargeable number:(

Julie

Or try 0800 0182020 or 01932 834300 - which come up on saynoto0870.com (searches for alternative non-premium numbers)

Edit- Julie beat me to it!

But we both beat Bob;p

Julie

We find the online payment option is as fickle as the rest of the website and works only periodically.

Quite surprising really as you would think with an operation that brings in the money for Royal that this is the one part of the website that the IT 'experts' would make sure works.

We are based in the UK.

I've just tried to pay my balance online but I'm getting continual 'failed to connect to server, please call to pay your balance' error messages.

Hi.

Try in the afternoon. I don't know why, or even if, the time difference is relevant but I have found - from Portugal which is the same time zone as the UK - that I get the same message as you when trying to connect in the morning but am able to connect in the afternoon, by which time it's business hours in the US. I just checked and was able to connect five minutes ago (2.25 pm).