Western Med Port Shuttles

Hi Guys,

Help needed.

Has anyone worked out if there are free shuttles from the cruise ship to each port exit / entrance or do we have to walk ?

Also what time do they start running ?

Palma ?

Marseille?

La Spezia ?

Cita ?

Naples ?

I am trying to plan trips but need this info to firm up on timings.

ANY info would be gratefully received.

Many Thanks

We just got back from a Celebrity 11 night Western Med cruise in May and they only had one free port shuttle and that was La Spezia - as our ship arrived in an industrial shipyard. We were required to bored the shuttle to be brought out to the 'main port area'. From there we split an Uber to get to the train station to Cinque Terre - ~5 euros/pp for 5 of us

We visitd La Spezia, Nice, Cartagena, Malaga, Barcelona, Gibralter and Ibiza and it was usually ~3-5 euros for the shuttles at each stop (except as noted above) - we found Uber to be a lifesaver and was cheaper than the shuttles, since the shuttles would only bring us to 'town' - about 1 mile or so.

Marseilles free port bus... that RCI don’t tell you about. Follow the green line painted on the pavement to find the stop.

Palma catch #1 bus into town. It’s the airport bus so it is pretty frequent.

Naples walk out of the terminal, across the car park and you are in town

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marseilles free port bus... that RCI don’t tell you about. Follow the green line painted on the pavement to find the stop.

Thanks lb - useful info - wish i'd tapped your brain earlier in the lead up !! :'):')

Hi lb - thanks for this.

With Palma i understand SotS docks at Terminal 35 which is furthest from Palma centre. I can still see a Number 1 stop outside so all good. Can you just walk from the ship to the bus stop or is it one of these where you have to take a shuttle to the port exit ?

Additionally do you know if RCCL lay on a shuttle from the ship to Palma centre ?

Many Thanks

So the free shuttle to la joilette and then the HOHO around the old port - does that sound feasible ?

We are taking the free shuttle to town, then walk round the corner down to the old port and catch Le Petit Train. The over to Cours Julien to look at the funky street art. Then we drink beer....! That is the plan! Probably will share a cab back to the ship rather than walking back to Quai Joliette, I've heard a cab is about €20

We are taking the free shuttle to town, then walk round the corner down to the old port and catch Le Petit Train. The over to Cours Julien to look at the funky street art. Then we drink beer....! That is the plan! Probably will share a cab back to the ship rather than walking back to Quai Joliette, I've heard a cab is about €20

Thanks lb. You say the free shuttle to town - is that the one that stops at La Joiliette ? It doesnt go on to the old port does it ?

Thanks lb. You say the free shuttle to town - is that the one that stops at La Joiliette ? It doesnt go on to the old port does it ?

That is what my research shows! It is a 15min walk past a cathedral to get to the old port I believe. I'm just wondering whether to prebook Le Petit Train tickets online - it is only €8pp

That is what my research shows! It is a 15min walk past a cathedral to get to the old port I believe. I'm just wondering whether to prebook Le Petit Train tickets online - it is only €8pp

Yes that is what i saw. Prob go with HOHO as more of a tour. Not sure whether to prebook - will have to look into it.

Enjoy !

Hi lb - thanks for this.

With Palma i understand SotS docks at Terminal 35 which is furthest from Palma centre. I can still see a Number 1 stop outside so all good. Can you just walk from the ship to the bus stop or is it one of these where you have to take a shuttle to the port exit ?

Additionally do you know if RCCL lay on a shuttle from the ship to Palma centre ?

Many Thanks

We have been to Palma on 3 cruises this summer (Symphony, Jewel and Azamara) and the shuttle to take to town has left from close to the ship each time, shuttle tickets available for purchase just after exiting the ship, we did not have to walk to the terminal exit/entrance - 10 euros each round trip. If you are not taking the shuttle it can be quite a walk to the terminal exit depending which pier the ship docks at.

We have been to Palma on 3 cruises this summer (Symphony, Jewel and Azamara) and the shuttle to take to town has left from close to the ship each time, shuttle tickets available for purchase just after exiting the ship, we did not have to walk to the terminal exit/entrance - 10 euros each round trip. If you are not taking the shuttle it can be quite a walk to the terminal exit depending which pier the ship docks at.

Thanks Pencruise

Appreciated