Is Cabin Proximity Important (to you) on Princess Ships to the Onboard Laundromat?

need2cruisesoon

As for the OP: 10 days shouldn't require laundry. It's just not that long of a cruise.

It's really a personal matter. I don't do laundry on a 7 night, but a 10 starts to push it. On the other hand, I usually travel with a carry on only. I'd rather do a load of laundry than pay $35 for the joy of dragging a big suitcase.

Nope. Although some of our cruises are only for 7 nights (last were 11 & 14), we still often do laundry as we often take off from here for 7-10 week vacations where cruises are fit in between the travels. No way can we make it for that period of time without doing laundry. That being said, would never cross my mind to be close to the laundry room. I've heard people complain about the noise when being to close. No thanks!

On past Princess cruises,we have appreciated a close proximity to the laundr room, but it wasn’t our first consideration when choosing a cabin.

I appreciated being able to use the irons and boards especially for DH long sleeved dress shirts and dress pants. The walk from our cabin to accomplish this task was a bit of necessary exercise

Then, I discovered Downy Wrinkle Release when we were on a Celebrity cruise this past summer.

Celebrity does not have laundry rooms on their ships.

What a great product !

No more ironing for me on a cruise !

We will not be concerned about the laundry room location on any future Princess cruises.

The location of the Sanctuary,buffet, and IC ,maybe,but not the laundry room.

I try to book a cabin close to the laundry. Never had a problem with the noise. It's nice to be able to pop my head in and see if there is a machine open without dragging my dirty clothes down the hall only to find they are all full. I always do laundry on a cruise longer than 7 days. I have not mastered the art of packing only a carry-on but I can do a medium size wheeled bag for 14 days.

We don't like being too close to the laundry room because of crowds, smells, etc. When my husband found he had free laundry, he used it often, with the benefit of less wash to do when I get home. Once or twice a cruise, I'll wash my tops in the machine so I can hang dry them.

This will certainly be great when we do a 14 day Australia New Zealand cruise after 10 days on a land tour!

I try to book a cabin close to the laundry. Never had a problem with the noise. It's nice to be able to pop my head in and see if there is a machine open without dragging my dirty clothes down the hall only to find they are all full. I always do laundry on a cruise longer than 7 days. I have not mastered the art of packing only a carry-on but I can do a medium size wheeled bag for 14 days.

Could not have said it better. Agree with you!

When we selected our cabin, I noticed it was just feet away from the laundry room and I've actually been kind of worried about that, because I was afraid it was considered a bad location. I thought maybe it would be loud or excessive foot traffic being that close to the laundry room. Seeing that so many people prefer being that close makes me feel a lot better about it.

And we are on a 14 day cruise, so we'll be needing to use it once for sure, if not twice.