Princess Cays Food and Drink

HappyCruiserettu

We have been to Princess Cays once, several years ago, but didn't eat there. Just wondering about costs for food and drinks. Is there a charge for the barbecue, hamburgers, or hot dogs. I assume that sodas and alcoholic beverages are same price as aboard ship. Are the usual free drinks (iced tea, lemonade, etc) available as well. Someone mentioned food carts (tacos, etc). Any charges there?

Looking for insight as we prepare for our December visit.

We have been to Princess Cays once, several years ago, but didn't eat there. Just wondering about costs for food and drinks. Is there a charge for the barbecue, hamburgers, or hot dogs. I assume that sodas and alcoholic beverages are same price as aboard ship. Are the usual free drinks (iced tea, lemonade, etc) available as well. Someone mentioned food carts (tacos, etc). Any charges there?

Looking for insight as we prepare for our December visit.

There are 2 walk through pavilions one on either side of the docking area where they serve burgers, corn, dogs, chicken, maybe some other items, ice tea and lemonade. There are also street wagons (we prefer these) across the bridge and past the main food area where they have items like chili dogs, tacos, etc. No charge for any food items.

There is a charge just like on the ship for any alcoholic and soda beverages. It's charged to your on board account.

Because food is so subjective, I can't agree with you. The last time we were on Princess Cay we thought the food was almost inedible.:) But that is just our opinion and I'm sure others won't agree with.

Any comments about food should be disregarded since taste in food is so subjective. Why there are actually people out there who like brussels sprouts! :eek: ;p (n) Can you believe that?

The food carts have food prepared on the ship and taken ashore. We tried them when they first started using them and found the offerings to have a lot to be desired mostly because the food had been prepared on the ship earlier. So may not agree.

The hot dogs and hamburgers in the pavilion is cooked there. The cold items including cookies are prepared on the ship and taken ashore. The hamburgers/hotdogs are similar to what is served on the lido deck.

The soda pop is served in cans only and no beverage package covers it. So the soda pop cans are billed to your folio as are the numerous rentals available.

As long as you do not leave the area exiting through the gateway onto the island itself, no passport or other ID is necessary.

There are 2 walk through pavilions one on either side of the docking area where they serve burgers, corn, dogs, chicken, maybe some other items, ice tea and lemonade. There are also street wagons (we prefer these) across the bridge and past the main food area where they have items like chili dogs, tacos, etc. No charge for any food items.

There is a charge just like on the ship for any alcoholic and soda beverages. It's charged to your on board account.

Thank you, Sky. That's the information I was looking for.

At Princess Cays it's the same as when you're on the ship.

As others have noted, the buffet/food is at no addition charge.

Note to those with the PBP: There aren't the guns for Cokes, etc. so the only way to get one is to pay for it in the can.

The Premium Beverage Package is valid on PC.

As you stated one cannot get a can of coke due to the lack of the soda guns.

But you can sure use the package for other drinks.

As far as the ultimate soda package or whatever they call it now.

It is NOT valid on PC for the same reason.

I agree about the food on PC not being very good.

Gave up eating there couple of years ago.

Because food is so subjective, I can't agree with you. The last time we were on Princess Cay we thought the food was almost inedible.:) But that is just our opinion and I'm sure others won't agree with.

I'll agree with you.

Any comments about food should be disregarded since taste in food is so subjective. Why there are actually people out there who like brussels sprouts! :eek: ;p (n) Can you believe that?

I Agree. I love brussels sprout. My husband hates them. He love tripe. No way on earth would I eat it!!:lips-sealed:

Well, for whatever it is worth, I do like Brussel Sprouts. But, what about the Princess Cays food offerings? Is it as good as the same, better, or worse that the luncheon provided on Half Moon Cay by Holland America Line?

When on the island, where is a good location to order a Pina Colada or a Rum Punch?