Club Class Dining with Tableside Preparation

anniversaryfun1017

Haven't been on the Regal, but have experienced Club Class on other ships. It's not 'tableside' for individual tables, but a single preparation area in roughly the middle of the seating area. Since the area isn't very large, it can be seen from most tables. Dishes are typically things like Caesar salad, a pasta dish - there's something every night. There are also special dishes that come from the kitchen. It's a nice upgrade to the dining room experience if the price is right. Our last cruise, Princess wanted about $1700 more for Club Class than a standard mini-suite for a 12 night cruise - a ridiculous amount that we declined to purchase.

I can’t say what happens on the Regal but I am thinking somewhat similar to other ships. We were on the Pacific the beginning of August for 8 nights.

One night we were in Sabatinis and the other we were at the Tattoo.

For the rest of the 6 nights they did a main course for 4 nights, a dessert for a night and a cheese plate for the other night.

My boys loved the main courses since they were beef. I loved the cheese plate. Dessert was good too.

Thoroughly enjoyed club class and would do it again if the price was right.

Haven't been on the Regal, but have experienced Club Class on other ships. It's not 'tableside' for individual tables, but a single preparation area in roughly the middle of the seating area. Since the area isn't very large, it can be seen from most tables. Dishes are typically things like Caesar salad, a pasta dish - there's something every night. There are also special dishes that come from the kitchen. It's a nice upgrade to the dining room experience if the price is right. Our last cruise, Princess wanted about $1700 more for Club Class than a standard mini-suite for a 12 night cruise - a ridiculous amount that we declined to purchase.

I have experienced club class on two different princess ships and I agree, it is most definitely not worth an additional $1700!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had CC on our last cruise which was on the Emerald this past spring. The "tableside" preparation was actually in the middle of the collection of tables. It generally was caesar salad, pasta or cherry jubilee. They did have a special entree available every night but that came from the kitchen which often was quite good. One weekend months before our cruise they lowered the price of CC cabins to near what a mni cost and we jumped on it. It only appeared over one weekend and several of us who did get it guessed it was a mistake corrected Monday morning. I agree with the others while nice it was not worth any where near the extra $$$. It is a normal mini that happens to be midship.

We have experienced Club Class dining on the Regal, Royal, Emerald, Caribbean, and Sapphire. The above posters are correct about the special dish preparation table not being moved from table to table. To do so would cause problems as there just is not room between tables to do so. Also, some of the items prepared on that table require electricity for a hot plate so it must be located by the outlet in the waiter's station. Finally, moving the table around to every table would expose it to any contagious illness that a passenger might have.

what is the passenger capacity for the Club Class section?

From what I’ve read it’s flexible. They just move the boundaries.

I can’t imagine CC or full suite pax being turned away or made to wait more than a few minutes, so they would just add tables.

Anecdotal information, anyone?

So how are items different from the main menu? Better ingredients? For example, the Caesar Salad is offered on the main menu, what is different? Thanks.

Everything on the regular dining room menu is offered in the Club Class area and made with the same quality ingredients.

What is different is that each night there will be one or two additional items that are not available in the regular dining room.

what is the passenger capacity for the Club Class section?
I can't tell you exactly, but on our 3 CC cruises, it was "just right." In a total of 24 nights, we once waited about 2 minutes while they reset a table and another night about 8 minutes. We offered to get a beverage from another location and come back; they replied that it wouldn't be long enough to make that worthwhile! While we typically had the same serving team, there were times where we had different people, but unlike the MDR, everyone working in CC seemed to work together to give the guest the best experience.

Yes, I've read of them converting tables as needed, but we never experienced that. In each of our cases of waiting for a few minutes, they were cleaning and re-setting a table.

So how are items different from the main menu? Better ingredients? For example, the Caesar Salad is offered on the main menu, what is different? Thanks.

For lunch one day, they had the fresh made Caesar salad for their special dish; it was tossed to order with fresh made dressing. I was able to get no anchovies (though they had them if you wanted them).

The dressing is made fresh right there at the cooking station and it was offered with/without anchovies, chicken, or shrimp. I had the one with shrimp and it was delicious.

We had Club Class on several ships. Each experience was different. There is no consistency among the ships.

Explain, please. I have never even seen the Club Class section.

You’ve got me curious about how it can vary.

We were on the Regal last March and had Club Class dining. They seated us in what seemed to be an “add-on” area behind a wall from the other Club Class diners so we didn’t get to see any table side preparations and the only “extra” dish was an additional appetizer choice every night. The only good thing was the service was a little faster. In our opinion, there was nothing special about it and it wasn’t worth the extra cost.

We have experienced Club Class dining on the Regal, Royal, Emerald, Caribbean, and Sapphire. The above posters are correct about the special dish preparation table not being moved from table to table. To do so would cause problems as there just is not room between tables to do so. Also, some of the items prepared on that table require electricity for a hot plate so it must be located by the outlet in the waiter's station. Finally, moving the table around to every table would expose it to any contagious illness that a passenger might have.

This is correct and Princess needs to stop calling it table side.

I do not book CC mini for the extra food choice or quote tableside cooking etc. I book it for the great service, and combining the best of traditional and anytime dining in my opinion. Now, maybe I have been fortunate, but in my last 6 cruises I have been able to do CC mini for $9-20pp per day over the cost of the same minisuite location. I figure out the difference in the daily rate between a mini and a CC mini and so far, have been completely pleased with my CC dining experience and well worth the $10-20pp more per day in my opinion. So on a 10 day cruise this would be around $200 more pp at the most. Well worth it. Now on only one 29 day cruise the price of a CCmini-mini-premium balcony is ridiculously higher, so I went with a premium balcony with traditional dining. I tried Anytime Dining only once (Ruby) and it was, to put it nicely, very disappointing.

Oh, did discover by accident (as I have not seen it stated anywhere), that for CC breakfast, the pastry offered contains different choices than main dining area. Found this out when went with friends to regular breakfast and asked where the yummy donuts were and was told that was just in CC (but waiter went and got me some anyway! Grin); Also the OJ is freshly squeezed in CC dining area also. Small things, I know, but meant more to me than offering a extra side or cooking something "tableside."

Pooh

I do not book CC mini for the extra food choice or quote tableside cooking etc. g.

, I know, but meant more to me than offering a extra side or cooking something "tableside."

Pooh

You're missing the point, it's a misrepresentation, it's not about what it means to you or anyone else. When people book a service at a premium price they expect the service to be as written. If I pay for a scalp massage at the spa I expect a scalp massage not a neck massage.

Last February I was on the Caribbean Princess through the Panama canal. One night I was given a pager for my Club Class. I found that to be different then what was represented as no wait. Princess has since changed the verbiage to read "little" or no wait.

Explain, please. I have never even seen the Club Class section.

You’ve got me curious about how it can vary.

Club Class is a newish mini-suite option. See https://www.princess.com/learn/ships/staterooms/club-class/. The rooms are typically identified as M1

It includes:

1. Mini-suites in ‘premium’ locations on the ship (mostly midship).

2. Premium anytime dining in a reserved section of the MDR with extra menu options and table side service.

3. Priority Embarkation and Debarkation including tender service.

4. Priority reservations for speciality dining etc.

5. Special cabin services including a free 1/2 bottle of wine, evening canopies, deluxe robes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums