Officially the Fall - Has anyone seen the new wine menu

Knickearth

On the Regal right now. While they are "waiting" for the new wines, they have a few wines. Instead of two chardonnays, they have one.

Interesting. . Have read a few reports from various ships of stock running out, not having availability of what's on current menus, etc. Perhaps they are using up "old" stock before brining on the new wines.. Bad logistical planning if that's the case.

There is a "Not Live from the Golden Princess. . . ." thread on the board right now. This correspondent has seen the new wine list and says that it has 80 wines on it. It sounds like an upgrade to me, but we'll see. I hope he/she posts a picture. Here is the other thread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2683133

I hope they don't delete Ravenswood Zen of Zin, one of the better value red wines on Princess at about only double the Total Wine cost if you buy the Silver 12 bottle package.

Another very interesting wine recently on Princess is Conundrum, a slightly sweet blend of various whites. Worth trying.. Also not marked up too much by Princess.

You can buy both at Total Wine if you want to try them on land first.

Edited by Griller

Griller, Ravenswood, katnook, McPherson’s Shiraz are gone. Conundrum white 2015 is in the mid40’s.

Have not seen the new beer list, or evidence of anything new.

No packages.

Are you on a short cruise? They usually didn't have packages on shorter itineraries.

I think I saw $35 for Conundrum on last weeks list, which was the old one I guess on Regal Transatlantic. That's a big rise.

We had the Silver 12 bottle package ( nets out at $20 bottle plus 15%) and just paid the difference above the $31 upper limit.

Just found a great place with reasonable shipping charges for various types of Conundrum , Craft and Curd in Tampa Fl.

Way cheaper than Total Wine for this product. Good website. craftcurd.com

Crazy to remove Ravenswood Zen of ZIn, when we had it at our table we recommended it to other diners and soon neighboring tables were ordering bottles. Great easy drinking wine.

Thanks' date=' too, for the mention of Conundrum. Do you think they will also have Conundrum Red Blend, in addition to Conundrum White Blend?[/quote']

I don't know and I never tried it yet , but I just ordered a dozen mixed Conundrum from Craft and Curd which includes the Red - and the method Champenoise sparkling - so it will be interesting to try them.

The white Conundrum is amazingly complex and drinkable, if slightly sweet for pairing with entrees for us.

The sparkling is apparently more gluggable than many French Champagnes. We will see, 6 coming on Monday. $15 a bottle.

As our next cruise is 49 days and we are driving a short distance to the port I can see we will take several cases of wine on board and pay the corkage.

Especially if the 12 bottle package is discontinued, our favorite wines discontinued and the prices gone up on board substantially.

I don't know and I never tried it yet , but I just ordered a dozen mixed Conundrum from Craft and Curd which includes the Red - and the method Champenoise sparkling - so it will be interesting to try them.

The white Conundrum is amazingly complex and drinkable, if slightly sweet for pairing with entrees for us.

The sparkling is apparently more gluggable than many French Champagnes. We will see, 6 coming on Monday. $15 a bottle.

As our next cruise is 49 days and we are driving a short distance to the port I can see we will take several cases of wine on board and pay the corkage.

Especially if the 12 bottle package is discontinued, our favorite wines discontinued and the prices gone up on board substantially.

Sounds good! Enjoy!