Still waiting for room assignment on the Crown Princess

kim.elniski

This was our first time getting a guarantee inside on the Crown princess and we are still waiting for our room assignment. Our cruise leaves on October 23. Is there anyone else out there still waiting for their room as well? How long do we usually have to wait? I’m very exciting about the cruise but not looking forward to sleeping with the fishes!

Two of the last three times I booked a guarantee the room assignment came precisely nine days before sailing on each. For the more recent one I had received two different upsell offers in the weeks before, so with nearly five weeks to go for the OP that may be what is coming first.

As above--your room assignment may come months ahead or you may not learn it till you get to the terminal. People here have said that it was assigned earlier and I just didn't see it, but I can tell you that I looked the day before embarkation and it wasn't there. Normally assignments show up 1-2 weeks before cruising.

I'm booked on a cruise in a Premium Ocean View cabin. That category is totally sold out. I have no idea what will happen but I'm certain that either:

1. Someone will cancel or self-upgrade and I will get the category I booked.

2. Someone will be given an upgrade and I will get the category I booked.

3. Someone will be offered an upsell and accept and I will get the category I booked.

4. I will be upgraded. (Yeah, right.)

5. II will be offered an upsell and either I will turn down the upsell and will get the category I booked or I will accept the upsell

No matter what happens I will at least get the category I booked and I will be fine with that category so I'm not worried.

NOTE: Dang I hate the POS text editor CC uses now. It is truly horrible and absolutely will not do what I want to do.

we are on this cruise too. It seems it took forever but we finally got our assignment of a cabin two weeks ago *as did our friends).

You will possibly be upgraded to a oceanview or balcony. I noticed that the Nov. 3 portion to Ft. Lauderdale has a lot of available cabins,. it is just the Oct. 23 trip that is sold out.

Hope you are joining us for the transatlantic part.

Hello Knickearth

Yes we are on it for the long haul. We booked the transatlantic first and we chose our room. We were planning on staying in Rome for a week before the cruise but we had a hard time finding a hotel, with all the scary reviews. We then saw the cruise from Barcelona to Rome and jumped at it. We love knowing everything is safe on the ship. When we booked, we were not able to choose our room and only guarantees were available. Thus that is why we are waiting. I see that there is lots of room on the transatlantic and was hoping that we could change our room to the on we get previous so we don’t have to change cabins in Rome. That would be nice but as I’m on holidays, I can handle anything!

We are on this same cruise and booked an inside guarantee. We recently got our assignment, E616 obstructed (very) oceanview but in a great location. The cruise is sold out so imagine they are doing a lot of juggling right now.

You are still a long way out yet. (1 month)

Usually assigned sometime up to sailing day of your cruise. Very rarely assigned at the pier. You can access bag tags/travel summary on the Princess cruise personalizer on the Princess website up to sailing day. The cabin assignment will be noted there.

Sometimes people think it was assigned at the pier but had they checked the personalizer the day of their cruise they may have seen the cabin assignment at that time. Hope this makes sense.

This was our first time getting a guarantee inside on the Crown princess and we are still waiting for our room assignment. Our cruise leaves on October 23. Is there anyone else out there still waiting for their room as well? How long do we usually have to wait? I’m very exciting about the cruise but not looking forward to sleeping with the fishes!

You may get at check-in.

Chances are you will get your cabin assignment during the week before the cruise if not earlier.

The latest I ever received a GTY assignment was 24 hours before embarkation. I checked the web site before leaving for the airport that morning and the cabin had not been assigned. I called Princess when I landed at the port airport and the cabin had been assigned while I was in the air.

On the Ruby in Nov and booked balcony guarantee. In past always go assignment soon after booking; I keep checking if we have a cabin but nothing assigned. I continually cabin availability doing a dummy booking....Sunday I decided I wanted a specific location and a few cabins were available at that location, so contacted my TA to go ahead & change to a BC instead of guarantee at BF Mini suites have been sold out for quite a while, so no hope for that kind of upsell offer, so I created my own upsell!

changing cabins after the first leg isn't as awful as it sounds or seems. They usually come and pack it up for you and take it to your new cabin. They will hang up your garments.

We have done many b2b's and it was such a small amount of inconvenience.

Looking forward to this trip and the days are getting shorter.