Which itinerary - Muscat,Oman or Doha, Qatar & Bahrain, Bahrain

We were in all these ports 2 weeks ago. Maybe this info will help you decide.

Muscat is a magnificent location with mountains all around coming right down to the sea. We visited a beautiful mosque and shopped in the souks. Our guide explained Islam to us. There is a new Opera House but it was closed that day. Our driver took us up to the Shangri-La Hotel for gorgeous views. We also saw the Sultan’s Palace, and his 2 yachts were docked near our ship. We had a great guide from Tours by Locals. I can give you his name if you are interested.

Doha has an unbelievable skyline of ultramodern buildings. Our tour included the souks and a hospital just for falcons which are revered by the citizens. Also the Katara district with a new amphitheater and several other art and music venues. We ended with a visit to the brand-new Museum of Islamic Art in an ultra-contemporary building. I could have spent the day there!

Bahrain was also nice. We visited a museum, a fort, and a camel farm.

In all cities, we felt very welcome as Americans, and we were pleasantly surprised at how nice the people are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Having lived in both Muscat and Bahrain for 6 years each, I would recommend a cruise that stops in Muscat. Bahrain is interesting but it can be difficult to get around . You are likely to be stuck in crazy traffic for a long time to get to the few interesting sights.

Muscat (and Oman in general) has stunning scenery. Google "Oman. Beauty has an address" the official tourism video and "Oman is home to me" by Lisa Morgan. The latter is a song written by an Australian lady about Oman . Gives you a bit of a feel for the place.

Omanis are friendly, welcoming, graceful and good humored. Bahrainis are nice as well. Qataris ( if you even come across any real ones) are an unpleasant lot. Self absorbed and entitled.