Safe flight time out from New Orleans

Funbobby68

I was scheduled for take off at 11:55, and I was at the airport about 9:15. I was the only person at security. It's a quick ride there. I will say that Carnival has to figure out disembarkation in regards to people who purchase Carnival transportation back to the airport. The reason I say that is because I was scheduled to be on an 8:30 shuttle. I was on Deck 8 and doing self assist. They were holding those decks and telling people not to disembark unless they are called. I listened until about 8:10, then said forget it and I went anyway. If I stayed up there and listened and disembarked when they gave us permission I would've missed my shuttle time. Maybe they would've let me take a later one, but I don't know that. Just something to keep in mind if you book Carnival shuttle to the airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is there much to do near or at the airport. If I were to take a late afternoon early evening flight

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can jump on the streetcar right by the port. Just google 'New Orleans streetcar'. Very inexpensive way to get around and see some of NOLA.

I think there is a service at the port to store or send your bags to the airport, but I haven't used it. Maybe someone else can answer with details. There is a desk with info about it after you go through customs and just before you exit the building.