Huahine question

doug52

For our upcoming cruise, I have a semi commitment from Marc's Lagoon excursion but they have not confirmed as I assume they have a minimum number to do one of their tours. And, since there is only one other couple on our roll call, and they are doing the Iti PG excursion, I may have to look at alternatives if no one else commits to Marc's.

So, I noticed on PG's excursion list they have a lagoon excursion called Motu Picnic that sounds similar to Marc's. When I look on TripAdvisor under lagoon excursions I noticed a reference to Poe's lagoon tour from a PG cruiser, also called Poetaina Day tour.

I am looking for input from anyone that has gone on the ship's Motu Picnic tour (Poe's I assume) especially if they can compare it to Marc's.

I had considered one of the land excursions as an alternative, but after traveling all the way to get there, we want to get in the water on our first island.

Thanks,

Doug

For our upcoming cruise, I have a semi commitment from Marc's Lagoon excursion but they have not confirmed as I assume they have a minimum number to do one of their tours. And, since there is only one other couple on our roll call, and they are doing the Iti PG excursion, I may have to look at alternatives if no one else commits to Marc's.

So, I noticed on PG's excursion list they have a lagoon excursion called Motu Picnic that sounds similar to Marc's. When I look on TripAdvisor under lagoon excursions I noticed a reference to Poe's lagoon tour from a PG cruiser, also called Poetaina Day tour.

I am looking for input from anyone that has gone on the ship's Motu Picnic tour (Poe's I assume) especially if they can compare it to Marc's.

I had considered one of the land excursions as an alternative, but after traveling all the way to get there, we want to get in the water on our first island.

Thanks,

Doug

Doug .... As your going toward the end of May there is a likelihood that Marc will fill up.As you can't book PG excursions for another month I would wait the 30 days and then ask Marc if there are enough to confirm. If not you sign up for the PG excursion. I have not taken the ship's excursion but a few on here have though I don't think They've taken Marc's tour. To find someone who has done both is unlikely IMO but who knows. I've seen pictures taken by others of the ship's excursion and it looked good, how it compares to Marc's I don't know.

Good suggestion, hopefully Marc secures enough people to do one of his two tours that day. If he hasn't by the opening of our excursion window I think I will book the ship's Motu picnic and then still leave it open to check with Marc closer to the sail and I can always cancel the ship excursion before we leave.

Doug

Wish we were going with you Doug .... maybe one of these days we'll meet up.

Very possible as I expect we will get a major case of FP flu, and being here on the left coast it is one of the easier trips to make to get there. Not much further than Hawaii which we enjoy, but I expect we will focus on FP when we want a tropical destination.

I did just find a couple of videos on YouTube which highlighted Poe's Motu picnic tour and it appears to be a good alternative to Marc's and gets good reviews on TripAdvisor.

Thanks for all your assistance in helping us prepare for this fabulous trip,

Doug

We have done the ship's excursion but have not done Marc's tour. The ship's excursion was phenomenal for a first time in Huahine. We loved the guide and that the picnic took place at their place of residence. This tour made for a fabulous opening port on our first French Polynesia cruise.

Thanks for your input. I went back and re-read your thread on your Huahine day and then watched your video. Looks like a great day to start our cruise.

Did they just have the one snorkeling stop on your tour? If so, that would appear to be the main difference from Marc's similar excursion and Motu picnic as he has multiple snorkeling stops.

I don't think we can lose taking either one of these excursions. They both look fabulous.

Thanks,

Doug

• 4 months later...