A couple of Mobile questions

skrufy

Many cruises but this is our first time out of Mobile. We will be driving to the port. We also are platinum. We will be coming in via I-65 or I-10. Not sure which way yet. Cruise is still a year and a half away.

1. I have read that parking can be a nightmare. Does I-10 and I-65 backup entering the port area?

2. How early can you park in the garage?

3. Is there any place within walking distance of the terminal where you can get breakfast?

If traffic is a mess we would come in early, hopefully before the rush, relax and have a light breakfast then walk back to the terminal and check in.

Checking in at 1pm most likely will be after the rush, but we like to check in around 11am, find a table out in the fresh air, have lunch a drink or two, and just relax and people watch.

• 3 weeks later...

You'll want to exit I-10 eastbound at 26A (Canal St). Take a right at the bottom of the ramp on to Water St. and it will take you right to the terminal. You can pre-pay parking online. It will save you time at the parking deck. If you get there before 10:30ish you may be turned away and told to come back later. The line to get in can get pretty backed up, especially if a train is going by. If you're coming down I-65, you can take I-165 south and it will dump you right on to Water St. downtown. You'll have to navigate some downtown streets to get back around to where you can get into the terminal because I don't think they will let you into the parking garage if you are headed the wrong way on Water St. Your best bet is to follow I-65 until it ends at I-10 and then take I-10 eastbound towards FL. You may want to eat before you get there. You can walk to restaurants, but it's about a 15 minute walk and you have to cross some busy downtown streets.

You'll want to exit I-10 eastbound at 26A (Canal St). Take a right at the bottom of the ramp on to Water St. and it will take you right to the terminal. You can pre-pay parking online. It will save you time at the parking deck. If you get there before 10:30ish you may be turned away and told to come back later. The line to get in can get pretty backed up, especially if a train is going by. If you're coming down I-65, you can take I-165 south and it will dump you right on to Water St. downtown. You'll have to navigate some downtown streets to get back around to where you can get into the terminal because I don't think they will let you into the parking garage if you are headed the wrong way on Water St. Your best bet is to follow I-65 until it ends at I-10 and then take I-10 eastbound towards FL. You may want to eat before you get there. You can walk to restaurants, but it's about a 15 minute walk and you have to cross some busy downtown streets.

Thanks for the info thorncroft. Will use the I-10 route from either direction.