Can you spot Viking Sky

Mrs Miggins

Hmm, Mrs. M. Not sure. Can you give a hint where I should be looking?

Lottie, I have an answer to Mrs. M's success with posting pictures. She is using an app to access Cruise Critic rather than a browser and the app is handling the picture posting details for her, including hosting the photo on a third party server. If you are working from a browser, you have to take care of the details including finding the third party host for the photo. I have found that it is nigh on impossible to post a photo directly to Cruise Critic because of file size restrictions; most every photo we take these days exceeds these restrictions.

Hmm, Mrs. M. Not sure. Can you give a hint where I should be looking?

Lottie, I have an answer to Mrs. M's success with posting pictures. She is using an app to access Cruise Critic rather than a browser and the app is handling the picture posting details for her, including hosting the photo on a third party server. If you are working from a browser, you have to take care of the details including finding the third party host for the photo. I have found that it is nigh on impossible to post a photo directly to Cruise Critic because of file size restrictions; most every photo we take these days exceeds these restrictions.

Thanks for the info Peregrina. I have had some help from Host Grandma Cruising on the Azamara board and now I can post pix ...it has only taken me about 5 years!

Thinking about booking Viking Sky next January. I love post Christmas cruises when the weather in the UK is so depressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great photo. I guess this area on the bow is not normally open.

In my photos Sky is in the middle on the first one, looking as if she is part of Canary Wharf (the financial district). In the second she is in the upper left. The Queens house and Naval museum are in the middle. Photos taken from Greenwich Park. You can see the effect of our dry hot weather. The grass is usually green and not gold.

The view from the bow isn’t too bad either! We sailed through the Barrier just after sunset and got to be out on the bow for the whole cruise out of Greenwich. Amazing experience.e61d0b62cb6458f792b4048bea0f9c28.jpg

Thanks for the picture. It looks magical being on the bow of the ship with that view.:hearteyes:

The view from the bow isn’t too bad either! We sailed through the Barrier just after sunset and got to be out on the bow for the whole cruise out of Greenwich. Amazing experience.e61d0b62cb6458f792b4048bea0f9c28.jpg

Thanks for posting this, brilliant photo.

Fabulous pictures. We also loved cruising from Greenwich (instead of Southampton, ugh).

Anyone know (or should I ask Grandma?) if I can post a picture here using an android phone? I don't have I-anything.

The only thing I've been able to do is post the way peregrina mentioned, using a third party host. You post your picture to a third party host (I use pbase.com; not free but cheap, and excellent) and then copy the link for the picture to your Cruise Critic post. For example, here's my much less exciting Thames Barrier photo: http://www.pbase.com/roothy123/image/165804951

I don't remember if the bow was open or not; we just stayed up top, most likely on the outside area of the Explorers Lounge area. The weather wasn't fabulous and it wasn't sunset time, but it was still quite interesting. Seeing Greenwich from the ship as we left was great, too: http://www.pbase.com/roothy123/image/165804948

Edited by roothy123