Anyone used Discount Cruise Parking in Galveston?

jbaloo

Has anyone used Discount Cruise Parking in Galveston? They are the cheapest parking place but also quite far away(4 miles). Has anyone used this place? Would you recommend them? Wanting to save a little money if possible.

• 2 months later...

While many will have a problem with the location of DCP being some 4 miles from the Docks, I found it GREAT!!! You are 1/2 Block from I-45 to head North for home or South to Galveston.

They were GREAT!!! Talk directly to "Bonnie the Blonde by the Exxon Station". We joked that could be a C/W Song Title. Seriously, tell Bonnie the Blonde that Jerry sent you and you would like the Frequent Parker Discount and if she is in a Good Mood, she just may give it to you.

She gave us some great personal service as my wife's foot was broken so she saved us a space right by where the buses pick you up. They take you straight to your ship with no nonsense of going to 6 different hotels to get others or to drop them off. When we got off the Ship Sunday morning we waited about 6-8 minutes for a Van, loaded in 5 minutes, and was back at the Parking in another 8-9 minutes. They took all our luggage to our car and helped us load. We had paid in advance and we were on our way in another 2 minutes, and 30 seconds later on I-45 heading home.

You can park here with complete knowledge that your car is safe. We even brought a Car Cover and they helped us put it on and take it off. Great Service, but be sure to talk to "Bonnie the Blonde by the Exxon Station"!!!

We parked there last month for a cruise, and absolutely loved them. I won't park anywhere else from now on. Super nice, way more inexpensive than every other lot, safe, secure, and the service is top notch. They had the shuttle there waiting before I even got my car turned off, and on the way back we waited less than 5 minutes for a shuttle back to the lot. And like Jerry said, the location is a plus to me -- not only because it's so close to 45, but because it's a lot higher up there than near the cruise terminal if it floods.

I've parked at EZ Cruise, Park n' Cruise, and Lighthouse, and this one was by far the best experience. And lightest on my wallet!

**UPDATE** -- I just typed this whole reply, but before hitting send wanted to go check and make sure the promo code I had still worked before I gave it out. I don't know what the heck is going on, but they have DOUBLED their price since I was there just last month. I'm not sure when the price change happened -- I had booked and paid online way before that. I paid $40 for 8 nights -- It's now $80. In fact, a quick check shows that they are all in that range now... I have never paid anything even close to that for parking. Did I miss something??? :confused:

I have read the comments from 'crazy4the mouse' and we were in agreement, and then I read the 'add-on' about the price increase. I really liked "Bonnie the Blonde" and I will stay with my comments of her taking care of us; but why the sudden increase in Fees. Maybe it is a seasonal thing where everyone's greed unfortunately sometimes comes out. I also checked and see that her WebSite shows $75 for what was only $45 three weeks ago.

If all of Galveston is doing this, then my comments is "the Hell with them all". I stand by Bonnie's great Service and would have to think she will still be less expensive than the other lots due to her location. So if Galveston is your Port of choice, I still recommend her!!!!

But there is only so much you can do from Galveston, or anywhere in the Gulf, so I guess I will just fly to Miami or Longbeach for my future Cruises.

Just remember Greedy Galvestonites, 100% of Nothing is Nothing!!!!!

• 4 years later...
We parked there last month for a cruise, and absolutely loved them. I won't park anywhere else from now on. Super nice, way more inexpensive than every other lot, safe, secure, and the service is top notch. They had the shuttle there waiting before I even got my car turned off, and on the way back we waited less than 5 minutes for a shuttle back to the lot. And like Jerry said, the location is a plus to me -- not only because it's so close to 45, but because it's a lot higher up there than near the cruise terminal if it floods.

I've parked at EZ Cruise, Park n' Cruise, and Lighthouse, and this one was by far the best experience. And lightest on my wallet!

**UPDATE** -- I just typed this whole reply, but before hitting send wanted to go check and make sure the promo code I had still worked before I gave it out. I don't know what the heck is going on, but they have DOUBLED their price since I was there just last month. I'm not sure when the price change happened -- I had booked and paid online way before that. I paid $40 for 8 nights -- It's now $80. In fact, a quick check shows that they are all in that range now... I have never paid anything even close to that for parking. Did I miss something??? :confused:

We are booked for March 18th so I just checked DCP and was happy to see the rate is $49.99! Based on this and other reviews we will likely book there .. unless our hotel has free parking if we stay going and coming :)

• 1 month later...

Just reserved a spot for May 2018 for 7 days Liberty of the Seas Cruise and price was $39.99 + service charge and tax total was $45.45.We are happy with the location and price but can't comment on current service. Their phone number recording says no need to call after returning home just meet at specified area and shuttle runs every 5 minutes.

Now I have heard some further reviews and we have decided to park elsewhere. I don't need problems with safety or travel times just to save $20 bucks. Guess we will just park at the port again. Happy Sailing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Yes, I read all the reviews and decided to park in ezcruise as usual for us. We have never had issues with them at all.

I know that! Obviously the price came down and I wanted to share that rather than start a new thread.

Please start a new one. I started reading from the beginning because I was like "I don't think I've seen this thread." Why haven't I seen it?BECAUSE I STARTED CRUISING IN 2014! I hate wasting my time reading threads from years ago. I don't generally look at the year when I open a thread at the top of the forum.

That's good news! We will check them out Thanks

They have an option to take the shuttle or park and walk yourself to the pier.

The coupon code for using the shuttle option this month is lucky. It will save $5.

I believe my total was $70 for a 7 day.

If you do the walking option you save more.

They have an option to take the shuttle or park and walk yourself to the pier.

The coupon code for using the shuttle option this month is lucky. It will save $5.

I believe my total was $70 for a 7 day.

If you do the walking option you save more.

Great info thanks everyone!

• 1 month later...

We parked at the Indoor Parking lot on 37th & Harborside. They have parking inside and out. They also have a shuttle to take you and your luggage to the port.

I have also found a rather new inside parking building that I was not aware of until we returned from our cruise. It is Falstaff Cruise Parking. I have not used them but they are indoors and their rates are less than most indoor lots.

• 2 months later...

We been to cruise 10 years ago and parked outside of Port of Galveston. We are taking one next week. I see Ez Cruise parking seems to have good reviews and raves. My question, why everyone not using Port of Galveston parking even though are $55 online reserve. Is it because takes too long to park and wait in the traffic?

After returning to Galveston immediately after Hurricane Harvey I would give some thought to parking on at least somewhat raised parking surface during Hurricane season . We parked at EZCruise and the elevated parking lot (about 4 feet I think) probably saved extensive damage-some were not so lucky. I was a nervous wreck on the Liberty of the Seas watching live video coverage of the flooding in downtown Galveston that was several feet over the sidewalks in close proximity to parking lots

• 2 months later...