Going to have to add a Virgin Voyages Forum

CruisingWalter

• 5 months later...
Lloyd - Thanks for sharing the link. It's nice to finally see some photo updates of the ship.
There are more photos found by in one of the FB groups by members, but we were being told that it was too early for the ship to be that far ahead in build, so we didn't share much beyond the group.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

There are more photos found by in one of the FB groups by members, but we were being told that it was too early for the ship to be that far ahead in build, so we didn't share much beyond the group.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I was surprised to see how far along they've gotten. At least it appears that way probably because we haven't seen anything since keel laying.

In one of the photos in that link, are those Stabilizers? If it was a Carnival ship I might have thought smoke stack :)

Looking forward to some Internal Renderings soon.

• 2 months later...
At this point, any news is like an oasis in the desert! Thanks for posting that! :cool:

VV is doing nothing to generate excitement and to get people excited to book. Other cruise lines have itineraries open for 2020 and people will start to book. With the non refundable deposit on some cruise lines, VV will lose potential cruisers unless they starting doing some marketing.

VV is doing nothing to generate excitement and to get people excited to book. Other cruise lines have itineraries open for 2020 and people will start to book. With the non refundable deposit on some cruise lines, VV will lose potential cruisers unless they starting doing some marketing.

Absolutely agreed! And, for those of us who paid our pre-deposit and signed up for VV's e-mails -- just e-mailing us to look on FB for the next big 'reveal' is not really sufficient. First of all -- not all of us are on FB (twitter, Instagrm, etc). That's WHY we signed up for VV's e-mails. I also have to wonder, with all of the hoopla about Virgin's new, uber-modern headquarters -- why they don't even have a decent web-site up, yet? I mean -- even if they think that social media works, as a place to release VV's 'reveals' -- HOW are they going to start booking cruises, without a fully functioning website?

And, yeah -- I have cruising friends who are asking me what I'm planning to book for 2020. At this point, "I don't know" is starting to sound a little lame -- especially when VV has had my pre-deposit $$ since last October! :(

(Sorry about the rant -- I'll get off of my soapbox, now! :o)

• 2 weeks later...

would be nice to really have something we can sink our teeth into. needs a website with real info. Cabins, dining, shows and a general look around the ship. We have been sailing on Oceania mostly for the past 10 years, but would like to try something different for a change. If we can't see it we can't book it. Richard Branson is a great operator as is FDR and it could be fun to see Virgin Voyages. Lets hope.

Absolutely agreed! And, for those of us who paid our pre-deposit and signed up for VV's e-mails -- just e-mailing us to look on FB for the next big 'reveal' is not really sufficient. ...

It wasn’t really a rant. Everything you said is in your post is absolutely true. The excitement dwindles a little every day. I was going to put down a deposit but changed my mind. VV has to do better for those of you who put down the deposit.

would be nice to really have something we can sink our teeth into. needs a website with real info. Cabins, dining, shows and a general look around the ship. We have been sailing on Oceania mostly for the past 10 years, but would like to try something different for a change. If we can't see it we can't book it. Richard Branson is a great operator as is FDR and it could be fun to see Virgin Voyages. Lets hope.

A website should be the minimum of what they have. Even if you couldn’t book a cabin some renderings if the inside and entertainment would be something.

• 4 months later...