Website Problems

dmcfad2

My gosh....HAL must be losing so much revenue, if people can't even search for cruises with them. Serious problem.

Yes, you’re right! I was trying to search for a new cruise to take, but I gave up. I could finally get on the website, but trying to find a room or get prices was virtually impossible. I am so bummed that I can’t even look at cruises I have booked. I am a 4* mariner and I’ve always booked my own stuff. I don’t want to use an agent and I want to be able to see if cruises I have booked have been reduced in price, like I used to. I’m so frustrated and I’m thinking of changing to a different cruise line. I wonder how many loyal customers they are losing over this?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you have not had this problem before, I would guess you have not tried to go online or been directed to the new HAL website in the past three or so months. Your experience is sadly like what most of us have also been experiencing. And it still has not been fixed.

Agree, there are multiple threads going back months about this problem - but if you are still having problems today all you will find is shared misery reading them - but no solutions. The upfront obvious ones to try are taking out any ad blockers and try a different search engine. Or use a mobile device and not a regular computer.

Yes, this is the first time I have tried getting on the new website. I still had the old website for a few months while I read about everyone having trouble with the new site. Now, the old site is gone for me and I have joined the unhappy people who hate the new website. ☹️

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Try this link to the "old" website. Works for me. Good luck.

HAL should be soooooooo embarrased :o

https://www.hollandamerica.com/?ASCookie=RSOrigin

First of all, thank you for posting this link. After 2 weeks of trying to salvage something from our 28-day Prinsendam booking (sail date June 17, 2017), which was cancelled by HAL because the Prinsendam is sold effectibe the mid-point of that cruise, I was able to find an alternative to keep the combination. Now have Prinsendam June 17-July 1, get off it and immediately board Rotterdam for the Baltic half.

Holland-America was absolutely useless during this situation. You would have thought that they could have offered me the combination I had to find for myself. As a 5-star Mariner, I am thoroughly disappointed by HAL's customer service during the past 12 months.

We are leaving in a few days for the Voyage of the Vikings. They'd better get it right....

HAL website homepage 2 min ago. Trying to access my e-docs.[emoji15]

e8eca67503f52fa4dbd039829fc09139.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please include a PTS trigger warning before exposing any of us to the spinning blue ball of death. Much appreciated.

:rolleyes:This morning, after two days of trying everything to get HAL website to work on my IPad, I closed all running apps, cleared my history/cache, and restarted IPad. I then recleared my cache before trying to open HAL website. I did not use the “prefilled” hollandamerica.com, but only allowed Holland America in search so it pulled up Google. I then clicked into HAL website from Google, and lo and behold, it works this morning. Mind you, I tried most of that many times over the past 2 days to no avail. It makes absolutely no sense why and where it works when it does and why and where it doesn’t work when it doesn’t. There’s no rhyme or reason. The craziest website I’ve ever dealt with, by far. No other company would dream of allowing such a fiasco to represent them. Other than Federal Government websites, but that’s a story for a different site. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:This morning, after two days of trying everything to get HAL website to work on my IPad, I closed all running apps, cleared my history/cache, and restarted IPad. I then recleared my cache before trying to open HAL website. I did not use the “prefilled” hollandamerica.com, but only allowed Holland America in search so it pulled up Google. I then clicked into HAL website from Google, and lo and behold, it works this morning. Mind you, I tried most of that many times over the past 2 days to no avail. It makes absolutely no sense why and where it works when it does and why and where it doesn’t work when it doesn’t. There’s no rhyme or reason. The craziest website I’ve ever dealt with, by far. No other company would dream of allowing such a fiasco to represent them. Other than Federal Government websites, but that’s a story for a different site. :rolleyes:

Amazing ............. HAL must be counting on its loyalists to persist; not resist. What the experience has been for HAL newcomers cannot be known. Until some bottomline reservation numbers start showing up.

1. Can't login.

2. The site looks like the new one, but is in USD, not CND . This is interesting for sure.

I've never been able to access the US site and I suspect the automatic change to CND is screwed up. You never know what a new day will bring with HAL.

3. I'm really, really happy that I DO NOT HAVE to use this website, as some do for check-in and luggage tags, etc. I feel for everyone who is on a countdown to a cruise and needs to use a website that works!

My experience also, using 3 different links plus Google search, across 4 different platforms, and 4 different browsers. Sometimes one combination or the other works, often times not, never consistently, and with no rhyme or reason whatsoever...

1. Can't login.

2. The site looks like the new one, but is in USD, not CND . This is interesting for sure.

I've never been able to access the US site and I suspect the automatic change to CND is screwed up. You never know what a new day will bring with HAL.

3. I'm really, really happy that I DO NOT HAVE to use this website, as some do for check-in and luggage tags, etc. I feel for everyone who is on a countdown to a cruise and needs to use a website that works!

CAD for me, not USD. There are far too many variables for us to determine why we might have different results, but HAL's IT group should not only know why but be able to fix it.

CAD for me, not USD. There are far too many variables for us to determine why we might have different results, but HAL's IT group should not only know why but be able to fix it.

Hope they do, as this is making me want USD so I can get a cheap cruise!

Thanks for the info, jusr one more question mark about how this all works.

This morning, after two days of trying everything to get HAL website to work on my IPad,

I'm glad you had luck on your iPad. HAL website would not let me sign in from my iPad this morning. Every time I tried, it started over and wanted me to sign in! I got tired of typing in Mariner number all all that other info. Finally had to go to my desktop where I had no trouble, at all. :rolleyes:

There are other problems with the new website.

The lack of info about tendering is a problem when planning a cruise, and in general the site is awkward and clumsy to use. Say you want to print out the itinerary, it does not fit on one page, but many with lots of wasted space. We like to make short notes for each port, but that's a lot of wasted paper, and shrinking the page before printing doesn't work, since it bounces back to full size when printing. We also like to know which ports have tendering, require visas and so on, but this basic and important info is no longer available. We called HAL and were told that they can send this info, but if you have a travel agent you have to work through them. HAL can't possibly have gotten any input from people who actually use the website to look for a cruise.

Gene and Mary

Agree, the inability to print out a simple, straight forward itinerary is a major user-friendly fail. I print out a lot of them when I do my packing lists, leave copies for friends and relatives and do my port research.

I do have another go-to (unnamed) website that still offers simple search and listing of ports, but not the drill down details like times or tenders. Without using (un-named) website, I would still be at a loss trying to find how where and when HAL goes anywhere.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi Grouse! Welcome to Cruise Critic. Congratulations on using the search function. However, I suggest you check the last (and sometimes the first) date of posting on a thread before you exhume it. 

Most of the mainstream cruiselines' websites lack in subtleties and a few at least in the greater aspects. But unless it's a new problem, a specific solution to an old problem is probably not going to help very many people.