Mariner Magazine - Return Postcard To Continue Printed Copy

syesmar

I have heard this before, that if you have a cruise booked HAL doesn't send you emails and brochures. We always have a cruise booked, sometimes 3 or 4, and we still get emails and brochures in the mail. I know they attach the name of our PCC to anything we get, maybe it has something to do with who you book with?

I booked online through HAL.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I booked online through HAL.

Yes, from what I’ve been told, the system automatically removes those currently booked unless someone manually enters either a temporary or permanent override. The Mariner Society can fix this in a matter of moments for you. I did have to call more than once about it; the first time they entered it temporarily. When I noticed we were no longer receiving messages after another booking, I called again and they put it on a permanent override.

I do wonder if they will make some further communication about the MARINER Magazine preferences before August 31. I have overlooked the postcards in the past.

All the Best! :)

The postcard asks for Mariner ID, so I guess we will include both of ours since they are (of course) different. :confused:

Same with the rest of the information requested, i.e., name, address, email, etc..

Our Mariner mag was sent to DW, so we just used her number.

Our Mariner mag was sent to DW, so we just used her number.

Ours was mailed to both of us as a couple, i.e., 'Fred and Sally Smith', and included both of our Mariner numbers.

So that's how I mailed it back.. :)

Thank you OP. I would have tossed the card without even looking at it. I filled it in and returned it. I do enjoy getting the Mariner in hard copy... I wonder though.. would they have stopped sending it if I'd disregarded the card? Since it's one of our Mariner "perks" you would think it would keep coming.

I received the Summer 2018 Mariner Magazine today by mail. I noticed that between pages 22 and 23 there is a postage paid postcard saying, “Don’t Miss A Thing! Please Update Your Preferences By August 31, 2018. Do you want to continue receiving Mariner? Please complete the form below to let us know how you’d like your copy. . .” with 2 checkboxes, one to continue with a printed copy and the other for digital only, and then contact information.

Just wanted to pass that along.

Happy Sailing!:)

thanks. i always rip those little things out of magazines right away... will mail mine Monday. thanks, i would have missed that.

I knew that Canada Post was cutting back on services, but only one corner mail box left in Windsor? :halo:

Speaking of Canada Post, we are still waiting for our copy of the Mariner Magazine to arrive. We've received it in past years, but no sign of it yet.

We just received ours on Friday. Yours is probably on the way, hopefully.

I mailed my card back but am dubious how many will actually be delivered to hAL. > That flimsy sy little card' is easily lost in the mail..

i usually put those little flimsy cards in a regular envelope and mail them when i think it is important enough to do so. that is what i am doing with mine, just in case. :)

Don't feel bad, I live within minutes of Seattle and didn't get mine until well after many others did. ;p

We have not received ours yet. On Friday I called the Mariner Society and after a brief time on hold I was told that we should receive our copy sometime before the end of August. Really? We, too, live near Seattle, our last name begins with "D", we are ****, and have never been sent to the naughty room.

Syesmar- what an odd practice! Other lines inundate you with brochures and emails hoping you’ll continue to book another cruise. Thanks for the info! I will call today.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You are so right.

I have never contacted Oceania but they stuff my snail mail box I am sick of all their solicitations.

You are so right.

I have never contacted Oceania but they stuff my snail mail box I am sick of all their solicitations.

And, add Regent and Viking River Cruises to that thought!

Stop the unwanted mailings, save that money, and lower your prices!

Ditto as to Viking and i also seem to see lots of America Cruise lines and N CL material lately.

Many of those glossy mailings sure cost a bit and I toss tall Perfect for recycling.

Ours was mailed to both of us as a couple, i.e., 'Fred and Sally Smith', and included both of our Mariner numbers. So that's how I mailed it back.. :)

That's how our MARINER Magazine and Promo Brochures are sent, too, so I included both of our names and Mariner numbers on the postcard.

Happy Sailing! :)

Yes, from what I’ve been told, the system automatically removes those currently booked unless someone manually enters either a temporary or permanent override. The Mariner Society can fix this in a matter of moments for you. I did have to call more than once about it; the first time they entered it temporarily. When I noticed we were no longer receiving messages after another booking, I called again and they put it on a permanent override. . . .:)

Wanted to update the statement above: we are within a month of sailing and I noticed all our promotional mailings and emails had recently stopped (again). When I called the Mariner Society, they said that regardless of any overrides, all promotional mailings and emails are stopped 30 days prior to sailing. Emails will resume 7-10 days after returning, and mailings will begin again in 4-6 weeks. Although this contradicts what I was previously told about there being no interruptions with an override, I can attest that this is the case from my current experience. :)

When I spoke with a Mariner Society representative, they said that up until the present time (pre-postcard notice) Star and 2 Star Mariners receive the digital edition of MARINER Magazine, but can request a printed copy. 3, 4 and 5 Stars receive the printed copy as a rule, but it can sometimes be at the discretion of marketing and some editions may be sent by mail and others by email, unless the printed copy was requested by the Mariner. I know with the ‘postcard request to receive the printed edition’ those will soon be moot points, but I didn’t realize those were the policies, I thought they were mailed to all.

For whatever it’s worth, the representative had not yet been made aware of the postcard / request to continue with the printed editions.

Digital Edition Emailed Today

I received a link to the digital edition of MARINER Magazine via Email today. There wasn’t any mention in the email about returning a postcard from the print edition; I wonder if they will make any other type of notice or reminder before August 31.

Digital Edition Emailed Today

I received a link to the digital edition of MARINER Magazine via Email today. There wasn’t any mention in the email about returning a postcard from the print edition; I wonder if they will make any other type of notice or reminder before August 31.

Had you already received a print version as well?

Had you already received a print version as well?

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but just a comment on this subject. I didn’t like the idea of returning the card in the mail with my name, address, and email so everyone and their brother could see it so I returned mine in an envelope, JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk