Express Documents

Dancing Shoes

I also just print the first page which is the boarding pass along with the luggage tags.

Exactly.. I learned long ago to just print "Page 1" - the rest is blah blah. My last couple of cruises nobody looked at it, but I always have it just in case.

Is an electronic version of the boarding pass (on mobile device) acceptable for check-in, or is a hard copy required?

One less thing to print out if I don't have to, especially in this 'digital age'. :)

Is an electronic version of the boarding pass (on mobile device) acceptable for check-in, or is a hard copy required?

Officially the "boarding pass" may be "required", but lately nobody is asking for those. Just give your name and ID and you are good to go. My last cruise was September 2017 out of Seattle and I tried to hand over my boarding pass but they just waved it away. Same thing on at least one cruise before that...

One less thing to print out if I don't have to, especially in this 'digital age'. :)

Several years ago on this board, I expressed my surprise that HAL wasn't moving towards e-boarding passes. Airlines had been using them successfully for some time and it seemed to be a logical step forward for cruise lines. Well, I almost had my head bitten off by other posters, even though I said that those choosing to go with a printed pass should be allowed to (again, like the airlines). I was surprised by the vehemence of those opposing the idea, especially as people on Cruise Critic are presumably comfortable using computers. Oh well, perhaps another project for the IT group once the new website issue have all been resolved.