Azamara Pursuit

AllisonJames

I’m sure one of the experts on this board knows the answer to this question — Did Adonia have the equivalent of the CC Suites or did those have to be completely constructed out of regular size staterooms for Pursuit?

I’m sure one of the experts on this board knows the answer to this question — Did Adonia have the equivalent of the CC Suites or did those have to be completely constructed out of regular size staterooms for Pursuit?
My understanding is that the r class ships... i .e. Adonia did not have suites on deck 8 so yes...lots of construction.. configuration changes. Overall I believe the cabin count went from 356 to 340 on pursuit. A few cabins were added on deck 4.

My understanding is that the r class ships... i .e. Adonia did not have suites on deck 8 so yes...lots of construction.. configuration changes. Overall I believe the cabin count went from 356 to 340 on pursuit. A few cabins were added on deck 4.
Also on Pursuit a couple of balcony cabins were added forward on each side, deck 8 in what previously were crew quarters. So even with the addition of these and on deck 4 the cabin count is still 16 below Adonia, space going to the new continental suites.

Latest from @AzamaraPursuit, looks like it’s getting there[emoji3]

Our illuminated #globe goes up today. We are #AlmostThere . It’s a team effort with everyone pulling together to make our launch date. #LikeDryDockButWetter

1c99b5dcd39aec2496d10c8a6718025f.jpg

22bd47cb225757864f2325d4ea0737fc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Tomorrow, (Monday, July 16th) Azamara Journey will be berthed in Belfast, just across the river Lagan from where Pursuit is being refitted.

It will most likely be the first meeting of the two sisters under the Azamara livery.

I will try to get a photograph of the two ships, however, with angles involved it may not be possible.

I am sure the two crews will enjoy the meeting up, a few weeks back Celebrity Silhouette was in Belfast and the Silhouette's lifeboats were busy ferrying crew over to Pursuit for a look around.

Tomorrow, (Monday, July 16th) Azamara Journey will be berthed in Belfast, just across the river Lagan from where Pursuit is being refitted.

It will most likely be the first meeting of the two sisters under the Azamara livery.

I will try to get a photograph of the two ships, however, with angles involved it may not be possible.

I am sure the two crews will enjoy the meeting up, a few weeks back Celebrity Silhouette was in Belfast and the Silhouette's lifeboats were busy ferrying crew over to Pursuit for a look around.

They meet again in Haugesund on the 6th August, apparently will sail in together and dock bow to bow. Hopefully we will be able to get some good pictures then.

With one week to go it’s looking good for everything being ready to go, here’s the latest from @AzamaraPursuit.

Deck 8 is almost done. Carpets laid & rooms numbered. A few small touches & we are good to go #MaidenVoyage #LikeDryDockButWetter

0bec909eb5e07e56c4e3490b3fab1303.jpg

ab7da9faca5c2202a2d2fe15e29cc613.jpg

The carpet shown is is different from the corridor on Deck 6 of Quest - which was lighter and had a sort of indefinite stripe sideways. Are the carpets different on different decks.

Just as an aside I am not a fan of the carpets, especially those in the cabins that look like someone threw dark brown paint over it. Of course this did not impact my cruise in any way - they just offend my eye a little. Since Pursuit is 'new' I was hoping that some of the less successful bits of the other ships makeover would be changed.

The carpet shown is is different from the corridor on Deck 6 of Quest - which was lighter and had a sort of indefinite stripe sideways. Are the carpets different on different decks.

Just as an aside I am not a fan of the carpets, especially those in the cabins that look like someone threw dark brown paint over it. Of course this did not impact my cruise in any way - they just offend my eye a little. Since Pursuit is 'new' I was hoping that some of the less successful bits of the other ships makeover would be changed.

We don’t tend to study the carpet but think it’s the same as deck 8 on the other ships, we are on deck 6 on Pursuit so will check it out.

Not looking forward to all the carpet dust though, can remember years ago being on the first cruise after a major refit returning to the cabin on formal night, those were the days, and my patent shoes looked like they were suede.

The "indefinite-striped" carpet on Quest and Journey was found to be too light in color and soiled easily. On those two ships the corridor carpets are the same in all stateroom areas except by the CC suites, where the carpets have a pattern more like the carpets by the elevator areas. Not surprised a darker color and pattern were chosen for Pursuit. Wouldn't surprise me to see Q and J getting the new carpets at a future refit.