Rotterdam Laundry

MarKandi

We are on the Rotterdam 31 December for a 7 day Caribbean and couldn't find info on laundry..is there a laundromat onboard or a ships service that is available. I've had conflicting info...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on the Rotterdam 31 December for a 7 day Caribbean and couldn't find info on laundry..is there a laundromat onboard or a ships service that is available. I've had conflicting info...

Yes, the Rotterdam has a self service laundry. Soap is provided, minor cost and the front desk provides the quarters you need ($2 per load IIRC).

Just bring dryer sheets (if you like those).

There is also ships service for laundry (now that's vacation ;) ) and IMO they do a pretty good job. (We sailed the Rotterdam in April/May this year).

Caribbean should be $7 per day for unlimited laundry or you can do "by the bag" for $20 - all you can roll/stuff in ghe bag).

The times of them only washing in hot water are long past in my experience. I just mark cold and circle it with a note and trust me, if they were washed in hot I would know ;)

the ships laundry comes back with everything on hangers (if you ask - you have a choice), nicely pressed and the more personal items - like socks, etc., traditionally come back wrapped in tissue paper in a wicker basket.

It has never felt like a vacation when we have spent hours in the small laundries waiting our turn for a machine, iron, etc. On the other hand, we found the Rotterdam's laundry service to be excellent (just off 38 days on that ship). Laundry was always returned by the end of the following day....and sometimes, when we sent out laundry in the morning, it was back in our cabin that same evening.

Hank

Three of the decks have self service laundries.

FYI - there is a button one has to push to dispense the soap. If the padlock on the change holder is in the wrong position (i.e.; hanging vertically instead of being on a slant) it will hide the button underneath the lock.

Yes, the Rotterdam has a self service laundry. Soap is provided, minor cost and the front desk provides the quarters you need ($2 per load IIRC).

Just bring dryer sheets (if you like those).

There is also ships service for laundry (now that's vacation ;) ) and IMO they do a pretty good job. (We sailed the Rotterdam in April/May this year).

Caribbean should be $7 per day for unlimited laundry or you can do "by the bag" for $20 - all you can roll/stuff in ghe bag).

The times of them only washing in hot water are long past in my experience. I just mark cold and circle it with a note and trust me, if they were washed in hot I would know ;)

the ships laundry comes back with everything on hangers (if you ask - you have a choice), nicely pressed and the more personal items - like socks, etc., traditionally come back wrapped in tissue paper in a wicker basket.

Didn’t notice them on the ships deck plans but really no big deal.. it’s only 7 days.

Didn’t notice them on the ships deck plans but really no big deal.. it’s only 7 days.

On deck 6 (Verandah Deck) they are shown opposite cabins 6156/8 and 6151/3. There is nothing shown on the pdf plan to identify them, but that's them!

• 4 months later...

I am on The Rotterdam now. Feb 4-11, 2018 Out of Tampa FL.

After checking the locations for self service laundry and finding none I asked at Guest Services. I was told it is no longer available. I could use the unlimited laundry for $49 or the all you can stuff in a bag for $20. Also available is the individual dry cleaning. I hope this helps clear things up.

I seem to remember that the self service Laundromats were removed during the last dry-dock.

It is sad to see the things that HAL use to offer their customers (for the customer's convenience) gone and now the only way to get clean clothes is to buy a bag or package......

I seem to remember that the self service Laundromats were removed during the last dry-dock.

It is sad to see the things that HAL use to offer their customers (for the customer's convenience) gone and now the only way to get clean clothes is to buy a bag or package......

You remember correctly, the laundromats were removed during last year's dry-dock. We were on the first cruise afterwards and all reference to the laundromats had been removed from the hallway signs.

• 3 months later...

FYI, I just confirmed with my HAL cruise consultant about Laundry facilities, here's the information.

different ships have different lay outs. And we recently took out the laundry rooms from some of our ships. Only the Maasdam, Prinsendam and Veendam have laundry facilities for the guests to self use.