Lots of questions re: Taxi Bergen terminal to bus station versus walking

WeRockChalkKU

Hi, I tried to find this info on my own but thought I might want to check with the knowledgeable folks here.

August 1st arriving on Midnastol (14:30?). My cabin is a guarantee, so I do not know my deck or how long disembarkation might take. I need to get to the bus station to take bus to Stavanger and hopefully can make it in time for 16:15 bus. If i’m correct it looks like an 18 minute walk or a 6 minute taxi. What is the walk like with a small rolling bag? I thought it might be best to try to walk since I would then be in the bus for 5 hours but didn’t know if there would be adequate time. Additionally I would like to pick up a snack/sandwich/something to eat on the bus...if eating on the bus is allowed. Is there a place to purchase a snack near terminal that is convenient if I walk? Thanks for any tips, thoughts, advice.

You are right just 1.6 km walk. 15 to 18 minutes. I cannot see why you should not make the 16:15 bus to Stavanger. Disembarkation should not take that long.

For a snack I do not know the bus station that well. Assume you will pass a cafe when walking.

Eating on the buss might depend on company. At Nettbuss you can bring and eat your food. Some busses might make stops where it’s possible to buy a snack. 5 hours in a bus is long time. I would certainly bring a snack and drink for the trip.

Enjoy Midnatssol (midnight sun) - when is your cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You are right just 1.6 km walk. 15 to 18 minutes. I cannot see why you should not make the 16:15 bus to Stavanger. Disembarkation should not take that long.

For a snack I do not know the bus station that well. Assume you will pass a cafe when walking.

Eating on the buss might depend on company. At Nettbuss you can bring and eat your food. Some busses might make stops where it’s possible to buy a snack. 5 hours in a bus is long time. I would certainly bring a snack and drink for the trip.

Enjoy Midnatssol (midnight sun) - when is your cruise?

Thanks for your responses. We end our cruise August 1st in Bergen.

We will be traveling on Kystbussen. I’ve tried to contact them to ask about eating/purchasing snacks at the stops but can’t get the email link to work from their site. The flight to Stavanger that fit our timeline would have meant flying to Oslo, changing planes and getting into Stavanger even later than the bus arrives. I also posted my questions on the Ports of Call thread here on CC since I wasn’t sure this was an appropriate question to ask here. Everyone is always so helpful. Thanks

Edited by beachdreaming

I did check Kystbussen FAQ, - eating on the bus not mentioned.

Link to the buss https://kystbussen.no/default.aspx?lang=en

Both SAS and Norwegian does have direct flight BGO to SVG after 4 pm - price 100 USD

Thank you for looking at those air schedules. I knew there was a SAS flight but thought trying to catch the 16:45 flight might be cutting things a bit close. The only direct Norwegian flight I find for August 1st is at 7:00. Also, the SAS flight is more than 100 USD when I look. SAS Go is 124.29 and SAS Plus Saver is 148.93. Wish I could find your 100 USD rate....gotta love those airlines pricing games.

There is a SAS flight at 16:45 - price USD 125.

Should be possible to make the flight, burn the bus might be less stressful.

That’s what we were thinking....I keep telling myself that the bus will be a away to see a lot more of Norway and at least i’ll be getting off bus closer to my hotel in Stavanger versus if I flew into Stavanger and then had to get from airport to the hotel.

Thanks again for taking the time to help with my questions.

First time in Norway and first Hurtigruten cruise.

Thought I would post this in case anyone else ever wanted to know:

There’s a shopping mall connected to the bus station and there are places to get sandwiches etc. Additionally, on the 5 hour bus ride we take 2 ferries. The ferries have a cafeteria. The bus ride apparently has some nice views.....that doesn’t surprise me. I already knew the busses have WiFi and charging capabilities. So.....looks like the bus won’t be as much of a grind as I had initially thought.

Thought I would post this in case anyone else ever wanted to know:

There’s a shopping mall connected to the bus station and there are places to get sandwiches etc. Additionally, on the 5 hour bus ride we take 2 ferries. The ferries have a cafeteria. The bus ride apparently has some nice views.....that doesn’t surprise me. I already knew the busses have WiFi and charging capabilities. So.....looks like the bus won’t be as much of a grind as I had initially thought.

Sounds pretty terrific to me! Enjoy!