Hubard Glacier Viewing

Italy52

Just returned from our B2B Alaska cruises on Celebrity Millennium. We had two beautiful days at Hubbard (5/17 & 5/19) -- both days the weather was nice with blue skies and lots of calving, On 5/17 we got within a mile of Hubbard and the second time we got within 1/2 mile. What a wonderful experience to behold.

That is great! Hopefully Hubbard will be accessible all season.

I can't believe how lucky we were to get in and get so close. I hope everyone has the same luck as we did.

I can't believe how lucky we were to get in and get so close. I hope everyone has the same luck as we did.

The one time I got really close, it was not blue skies. My pictures are sort of a washed out look.

I just saw that Princess has small boat rides to Hubbard glacier now. That would be amazing.

We go B2B on Princess next year -- Voyage of the Glaciers. More details please on the small boat rides!

Just checked my June 2019 southbound cruise which includes Hubbard Glacier but the itinerary only shows "Scenic cruising." Will have to keep my eyes and ears opened for more information. Thanks Coral for your post....sure hope this excursion becomes a reality. :)

Hi, we will be on the Millennium this August and noticed that they had a 3 hour small boat cruise while at Hubbard Glacier as a “shore excursion”. Expensive. Just wondering if anyone else has done this and if it’s worth it?

Any idea on how many people the boat(s) take? Don’t want to the crowded into a small boat struggling with crowds for a view or photo ops. [emoji6]. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi, we will be on the Millennium this August and noticed that they had a 3 hour small boat cruise while at Hubbard Glacier as a “shore excursion”. Expensive. Just wondering if anyone else has done this and if it’s worth it?

Any idea on how many people the boat(s) take? Don’t want to the crowded into a small boat struggling with crowds for a view or photo ops. [emoji6]. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just did a B2B cruise on the Millennium to Alaska and didn't see a shore excursion for Hubbard. Where did you find this??? If the excursion is listed under the excursions can you please cut and paste the information here --- if so, this must be something new as I have cruised the Millennium to Alaska 10 times and have never seen this type of excursion. Wonder if this is something new the cruise lines are trying out.

Celebrity has the exact same excursion available on the Millennium this summer. We pre-booked our big money excursion on the 5 Glacier Sea Plane Tour. Maybe I should reconsider.

Wow - I actually don't know what to do right now - but poll the family.

Edited by hubofhockey

I'm thinking this is a new excursion without a "track record." If so, can't wait to hear the comments after someone has taken it.

Well, I'll be on it in two weeks (June 14) and will post a review. We traded in the $229 a person 5-Glacier Sea Plane excursion for the $269 per person Hubbard Glacier excursion.

Overview

Your journey into wild Alaska begins the moment you board the tour vessel. Relax in the warm, comfortable cabin, surrounded by large windows, as an onboard naturalist provides compelling narration about the wildlife, geography and glaciers of the area. The waters and wilderness of this region are home to an abundance of marine wildlife, including various whale species, sea lions, sea otters and porpoises, and land animals including wolves, moose, black bears, and coastal brown bears. The maneuverable, shallow-draft tour vessel provides a chance for up-close encounters and best photo opportunities of the area's animal species, in addition to exploration of the shoreline and islands. Throughout your tour, enjoy the dramatic vistas of rocky coastlines shaped by the mighty Pacific Ocean, and endless expanses of rainforest and snow-capped mountains. As you approach Hubbard Glacier, the experience captain will weave your tour vessel through a maze of icebergs, some multiple stories tall, making for amazing photos. The Hubbard Glacier is often very active, and dramatic displays of calving – one of Mother Nature's most impressive shows – can occur at any time. All in all, this tour makes for an unforgettable experience, and quite possibly, the wildlife encounter of a lifetime. HG02

Well, I'll be on it in two weeks (June 14) and will post a review. We traded in the $229 a person 5-Glacier Sea Plane excursion for the $269 per person Hubbard Glacier excursion.

We can't wait to hear your report!

Thanks for the information and volunteering to get back to us. Like Coral, I am also anxious to hear your report. Please let us also know the name of the vendor --- I am wondering if it will be Allen Marine.

Thanks for the information and volunteering to get back to us. Like Coral, I am also anxious to hear your report. Please let us also know the name of the vendor --- I am wondering if it will be Allen Marine.

I'll try to find out the name of the vendor. I'll also take some pictures, but those will be taken on an iPhone 8 or GoPro.

Celebrity is charging $9 more per person than Celebrity ($269 to $259.95) for what looks like the same excursion. My biggest concern is the overcrowding of the craft which could make it tough for great views. I'll take pictures of the inside and outside and post them the week of June 17.

I'll try to find out the name of the vendor. I'll also take some pictures, but those will be taken on an iPhone 8 or GoPro.

Celebrity is charging $9 more per person than Celebrity ($269 to $259.95) for what looks like the same excursion. My biggest concern is the overcrowding of the craft which could make it tough for great views. I'll take pictures of the inside and outside and post them the week of June 17.

Celebrity always seems more expensive than Princess. I sailed both lines a month from each other and everything was more expensive (same shore excursions, same transfers, drinks, etc...)....

I don't think you will have crowding issues. We are looking forward to your report.

I am so confused. I went to my cruise personalizer on the Island Princess southbound, and there is no green (schedule an excursion area) it only states cruising only just like glacier bay. Do I need to call to see if it is available for our cruise? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

I am so confused. I went to my cruise personalizer on the Island Princess southbound, and there is no green (schedule an excursion area) it only states cruising only just like glacier bay. Do I need to call to see if it is available for our cruise? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

It would be on the cruise personalizer if it was available.