Rotterdam cruise port to Schiphol Airport

Rinderoo

Does anyone have a preferred method of private transportation from the Rotterdam cruise port to Amsterdam/AMS (Schiphol) airport? Doing an early debarkation from ship and no transfers available with HAL.

Sun Transfers doesn't seem to be an option for Rotterdam Cruise Port to AMS.

Thank you.

Does anyone have a preferred method of private transportation from the Rotterdam cruise port to Amsterdam/AMS (Schiphol) airport? Doing an early debarkation from ship and no transfers available with HAL.

Sun Transfers doesn't seem to be an option for Rotterdam Cruise Port to AMS.

Thank you.

I know you said private but the train is best - done the trip and road can be slow depending on time of day

The only problem with the train is that you have to manage your own luggage. Othere than that, it takes you right there.

It's a few eurose to get to the train station (I think it was around 20 when we did it last year).

that same year roll call members shared a private transfer to the airport from the ship. No schlepping of luggage and I think it cost around 22 euros pp if memory serves. That was for 4 of them and luggage I believe.

Worked like a charm for them.

HI there,

Since it's in my country I will tell you what I would do.

There's a metro stop 5 min away from the terminal that takes you to the main train station.

From there you can take one of many direct trains to Schiphol.

If I'd feel lazy I would take a taxi from the terminal to the trainstation.

Hope that helps!

HI there,

Since it's in my country I will tell you what I would do.

There's a metro stop 5 min away from the terminal that takes you to the main train station.

From there you can take one of many direct trains to Schiphol.

If I'd feel lazy I would take a taxi from the terminal to the trainstation.

Hope that helps!

Having done this a number of times, I think this is the perfect plan.

• 10 months later...

My research here and elsewhere led me to a pertinent website, Rome2Rio.com (which specializes in providing directions and transportation options for international travelers). It's detailed recommendations (for travel by rail, bus, car, or taxi) from the Rotterdam Cruise Port to the Schiphol (Amsterdam) Airport were very helpful. Here is the link for the rail (Metro-to-Train-to-Airport) option I found most attractive, which also comports with the recommendation of the Dutch resident whose comment was given earlier. https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Rotterdam-Cruise-Terminal/Schiphol-Airport Essentially, I will walk from the cruise port to the Wilhelminaplein Metro Station (1,760 feet away), where I will catch a subway/metro (running every 10 minutes for $3) to the Rotterdam Centraal Station, within which I will transfer to a train (running every 15 minutes for $12 - $22) to Schiphol Airport (49 minutes away). I hope that helps.    

Be prepared to go to a service window at the train station to buy your ticket from an agent.  In 2017 we found that the ticket machines at the station would not accept our US chip-and-signature cards, they required a chip-and-pin which most US banks do not issue.  Might be different now, but that is typical of charge points in Europe with no person to collect a signature since all the European cards are chip-and-pin.

You can actually buy the tickets online ahead of time. https://www.ns.nl/producten/en/meest-gekocht/p/enkele-reis

Just pick the date, start and end of the trip.

And either have them on your phone, or print them out.

Really cheap, We recently did that for our Schiphol to Amsterdam trip. 4.50 euro one-way.

Only had to scan the ticket at the exit gate at Amsterdam Centraal

Make sure you select one-way, it defaults to round-trip (meaning same-day) round trip.