Beer

ultrarunner

Hi folks,

I'm not much of a wine drinker but do like a good craft beer (or two). I'll be on the Encore from Dubai to Auckland Nov - Jan 2019. Any hope of a decent beer on board? Thanks to all in advance.

Ring your travel agent or email Seabourn with the specific request of what type of beer you want. I’m not sure they’ll source your favourite microbrewery but you can give them a few choices and see what is in the minibar on embarkation. You might be pleasantly surprised.

If for some reason the craft beers onboard are not to your liking, let the bar manager know and give them a few ideas of what you’d prefer. They’ll try to get you a few selections in the next port.

The only issue you might run into is if you are drinking them at the bar and others see your bottle and start ordering what is in your stash. For that reason, they’ll often hold them back and just restock the bar in your room with them.

On our last sailing, the always-excellent Martin kept my fiancé supplied with a full variety of Belgian beers. He was delighted!!!

I have a friend who is an international beer judge, who has sharpened my interest in sampling different beers.

Tell the Bar Manager that you're interested in sampling as many beers as posssible and quite often they will stock up on local beers in different ports for you.

One cruise a waiter arrived at my door with 15 different beers with the announcement that some types were running low and could he restock my fridge !:D

• 2 weeks later...

There is Alaskan Beer Viewing scheduled poolside at noon today on Sojourn. Possibly look but don't touch or taste?

Also, too, there's a lot of *scheduled* wellness seminar today on Spontaneous Happiness. You can't make this stuff up.

There is Alaskan Beer Viewing scheduled poolside at noon today on Sojourn. Possibly look but don't touch or taste?

How sad! We're going to Alaska on Sojourn in just over a month - if you happen to walk by, would you let us know if they allow you to taste? ;p we've enjoyed the Alaskan beers we've had in the past....

We had an Alaskan beer tasting last year on Sojourn on one of the Alaska cruise afternoons. They had several varieties of local brews picked up in Juneau.

There is usually a reasonable stock on board, depends mainly where their last port of call for supplies.

On Sojourn last year in Alaska they had plenty of Alaskan beers on board and they are very nice I liked Alaskan Amber as I am not fond of pale ales. Don't be concerned there are plenty of ports in Australia where there will be ample supplies of good Aussie beer. As a seasoned beer drinker I can vouch for them.