Seattle Hotel Recommendations

CruiseMob

I'm interested in hotel recommendations for Seattle. We are driving, so I don't think we want the SeaTac area. We've previously stayed at Hyatt at Olive 8 and The Fairmont Olympic. At the Fairmont we left our car with them while we cruised. This time I'm thinking it would be easier to park at/near the port so we can disembark and go. Unfortunately we don't have extra days to stay in Seattle, so near the port or near the zoo (may try to fit that in on arrival, if possible) may be the most convenient. All recommendations, ideas, and suggestions is greatly appreciated.

We loved, absolutely loved the pan pacific. They gave us a free ride to the port as well. The room was very nice and had a great view of the space needle. The service there is absolutely superb.

We went to the zoo via public transportation (bus). We only had to walk a little bit from the hotel to get to the bus.

There is also the biggest Whole Foods I have ever seen down below from the hotel in that same plaza.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our favorite hotel is and always has been the Edgewater. Right on the waterfront! Actually most of the Edgewater rooms are over Elliot Bay water. You can feed the seagulls right from your room’s window and paragliders come right past you to land. Great restaurant, too.

We opted for Four Seasons Hotel , also with amazing views We found this Four Seasons to be vey different than others in which we h ave stayed but really enjoyed that . Seattle's Four Seasons strikes perfectly the mood for the city but would not be as effective in an East Coast major city and that is part of what we really liked about it. Certainly, this fine hotel offers all the luxuries, features and amenities one would expect. SERVICE was flawless. :)

Edited by sail7seas

There really are not great hotels right next to Pier 91 or the Woodland Park Zoo. However, downtown Seattle would be close to both locations. Here are some good choices for Seattle hotels:

Inn at the Market

Alexis Hotel

Seattle Waterfront Marriott

You can reserve parking in advance at Pier 91:

https://www.cruiseseattleparking.com

Have a great cruise.

We stayed at the Downtown Hilton 2 years ago. Our PCC recommended the hotel and we decided to go with his advice. The room was decent, clean, no bed bugs good location etc. but it was in my mind expensive ($425 for 1 night). No breakfast was included or WIFI. When we do Alaska again we will be booking on our own. We used the HAL shuttle to Port and I think it was $58 for 2, going to the port and then port to airport on return. The cost of convenience is expensive.

For a traditional, classy hotel, I'd recommend Sheraton Seattle (1400 Sixth Avenue); for a more chic, upscale boutique hotel, I'd recommend Motif Seattle (1415 Fifth Avenue) - both are in "downtown" Seattle and thus convenient to most of the popular tourist attractions ... not sure about car parking arrangements and cost, so I'd definitely call ahead and check that out before making reservations.

We liked that Four seasons ha s a sedan in which they chauffer guests to and from nearby shops, retaurantts, etc. Very nice .We met f friends at nearby restaurant for dinnr and the chaffeur took us. was very convenient, of oourse..

We opted for Four Seasons Hotel , also with amazing views We found this Four Seasons to be vey different than others in which we h ave stayed but really enjoyed that . Seattle's Four Seasons strikes perfectly the mood for the city but would not be as effective in an East Coast major city and that is part of what we really liked about it. Certainly, this fine hotel offers all the luxuries, features and amenities one would expect. SERVICE was flawless. :)

Yes, we also have stayed at Four Seasons. Very nice. We just prefer the "waterfront" atmosphere of the Edgewater which makes Seattle so unique.

Yes, we also have stayed at Four Seasons. Very nice. We just prefer the "waterfront" atmosphere of the Edgewater which makes Seatte unique

Not all that unique. look at Boston Harbor Hotel, Right on Boston Harbor.... a very Nice hotel with docks close to the large back patio. :)

Boston and Seattle are actually quite alike in some ways.

Edited by sail7seas

Thanks everyone. Off to research!

We have stayed at Four Seasons Jackson Hole and in Carlsbad and enjoyed both. Waterfront sounds nice, I'll be sure to look at the Edgewater, Marriott and others. Our challenge is it is so difficult these days to find a room with 3 separate beds. Rollaways are typically only allowed in King bed rooms and for some reason finding 2 doubles with a sofa bed is challenging. Oh well, we'll figure it out! Thanks so much for all the help!

My kids are all big now. Son is 23 and my daughter 16, which is why I need 3 separate beds. One for each of us.

look at the Hyatt House & Hyatt Place both by the space needle. 2 beds & sofa bed. they also have shuttle that will take you down town or short walk to the monorail drops off at westgate mall down town.

look at the Hyatt House & Hyatt Place both by the space needle. 2 beds & sofa bed. they also have shuttle that will take you down town or short walk to the monorail drops off at westgate mall down town.

Thanks, I actually had just started looking at them. These are definite possibilities.

Can you do two rooms?

Thank you for answering my question.

Sounds lik e a lovely fa mily. Congratulations.

Is there an Embassy Suites in Seattle? If there is, that might w ork for you.
The challenge with 2 rooms, is often they won't guarantee connecting. Now that my son is older it may be okay although we'd need to change our packing (not sharing) so he was self contained. I don't know if there is an Embassy Suites in Seattle, but I'll look for one. Thanks.