SailorJill and I Sail on the Orient Express a.k.a. Millenium's Immersion Cruise

SailorJack

I agree.

Also I’m a vegetarian and my husband is a vegan and we find Princess caters to our needs way better (and we sail in Aqua on Celebrity so the smaller restaurant should be more easily able to accommodate).

Also find lately that the crew on Princess seems happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Never tried Aqua, but always willing to try something new.:D

Thank you Jack, I appreciate your thoughtful summary!

We are relatively new to cruising and I appreciate when people explain their preferences. I also enjoy reading your reviews - following links in your signature. You have a real talent for writing! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Happy Sailing!

Jack

• 5 months later...
I am out of the review writing game - this was my last one. It was fun while it lasted and thanks for following along.

Dear Jack,

I'm sorry to hear that, but can sympathise with the time and effort involved when editing down a personal diary to try and create an entertaining, informative piece for general reading. Having been on two month-long cruises in the space of three months earlier this year I decided to write only about the latter (https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2650728) for that very reason.

Best wishes for the future.

Regards

Jak

• 1 month later...
It is also my last SailorJack review. Thanks to everyone who has followed along. Its been fun.

Jack

I've saved this review for my upcoming cruise, which I've booked almost 2 years ago.

Only now, when it begins to feel real, I've read it and was riveted.

Enjoyed very much your writing style, and, even more, your sense of humor.

Wanted to say thank you, hopefully you still get alerts for new posts.

I've saved this review for my upcoming cruise, which I've booked almost 2 years ago.

Only now, when it begins to feel real, I've read it and was riveted.

Enjoyed very much your writing style, and, even more, your sense of humor.

Wanted to say thank you, hopefully you still get alerts for new posts.

Thanks for your comment!

Times have changed a little. A while back, an official at Cruise Critic took exception to one of my reviews and gave an indication that it was not appropriate. No explanation was offered so I didn't know what I had done wrong. Not wanting to aggravate the situation I decided to stop posting reviews. That person is no longer at Cruise Critic so I hope to again post reviews of upcoming cruises.

Enjoy your cruise!

Jack

Thanks for your comment!

Times have changed a little. A while back, an official at Cruise Critic took exception to one of my reviews and gave an indication that it was not appropriate. No explanation was offered so I didn't know what I had done wrong. Not wanting to aggravate the situation I decided to stop posting reviews. That person is no longer at Cruise Critic so I hope to again post reviews of upcoming cruises.

Enjoy your cruise!

Jack

If you are going to start posting again, that is great news to many of us who have greatly enjoyed your awesome and hilarious reviews.:bottle-pop:

Thanks for your comment!

Enjoy your cruise!

Jack

I'll second that!

And I'll come in at number 3!! :D

Looking forward to your next entertaining review!

If you are going to start posting again, that is great news to many of us who have greatly enjoyed your awesome and hilarious reviews.:bottle-pop:

Thanks.

And I'll come in at number 3!! :D

Looking forward to your next entertaining review!

Thanks. I'm looking forward to posting again now that this past episode is over.

This is excellent news! Do you have any upcoming cruises booked? Can't wait to read your next one.

Booked a Royal Caribbean Transatlantic out of Copenhagen. Review coming:)

Best news I have heard all day . Can’t wait for the next one !

Thanks.

What ship are you sailing on? Really looking forward to the review - it has been while.

Serenade of the Seas. Stops include another stop in Denmark, Norway, Lerwick in the Shetland Islands, two ports in Iceland, Greenland, two ports in Nova Scotia and ending in Boston.

Serenade of the Seas. Stops include another stop in Denmark, Norway, Lerwick in the Shetland Islands, two ports in Iceland, Greenland, two ports in Nova Scotia and ending in Boston.

Enjoy!!

Beside the entertaining review that I'm sure will follow, we're booked on a X Reflection cruise, which was supposed to stop at Lerwick, but got changed for Cobn, and 2 overnights in Island.

Looking for tips:D

Enjoy!!

Beside the entertaining review that I'm sure will follow, we're booked on a X Reflection cruise, which was supposed to stop at Lerwick, but got changed for Cobn, and 2 overnights in Island.

Looking for tips:D

Sorry that you are going to miss Lerwick - it is an interesting port. I think BBC ran a television detective series based in Lerwick, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was called.

I was in Cobn( how many towns have only one vowel in its name?) many years ago but have little memory of it. We opted for a tour to the castle that was home to the Blarney Stone.

Not sure what tips I can provide, but if you have questions I will try to answer.

Jack

Sorry that you are going to miss Lerwick - it is an interesting port. I think BBC ran a television detective series based in Lerwick, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was called.

What a great show! I'm impatiently waiting for Series 4 to drop on Netflix.

What a great show! I'm impatiently waiting for Series 4 to drop on Netflix.

I think the program you are talking about is "Shetland." But I didn't realize there was going to be another season -do you know when it is due to air?