IS AQUA CLASS AND BLU WORTH IT? and want to try aqua class and blu

cheeseheads4ever

I agree, with a 14 night cruise, you are going to want, no scratch that---need---to dine outside of Blu!

We enjoyed Tuscan and Sushi on 5. We didn't try Qsine because the menu didn't really appeal to us over the other offerings.

Don't forget or dismiss MDR. Just make sure they don't seat you here:

25sbc0p.jpg

What's wrong with that table? Do you think 4 specialty is enough or should I go with 6?

That table is in a curved balcony overlooking the fourth floor dining. So it is only relevant if you have the specified time dining and not open dining. Open dining is on the fourth floor and it does not overlook any other floor. In my drawing, crude as it is, the lines to the right of the table represent the stairs down to the fourth floor. It is used by the staff and dinning guests alike. It has zero "privacy" and is really very close to the larger round table next to the wall. People will bump your chair passing behind you. I'm 165lbs and tucked my chair in as much as I could and it happened. It is a very bad spot for a table. A cart for the wait staff to access extra napkins? it's a perfect spot. A table for guests? Not so much. The table overlooking the balcony has a cool view I suppose but it is also cramped.

I'd go with 6. That leaves you with 8 for Blu!, MDR or if you are in port and dining off the ship.

We did the Infinity Panama Canal cruise in April. We had to wait every night at least a half hour or more to dine in Blu, it was always crowded. To me the food wasn't that much better than the Main Dining room. Breakfast got boring after a few days.

Karen

We’ve done AQ on a few X ships, but not Infinity. We never had to wait at all in Blu. LOVE that restaurant!

We loved Blu on Reflection last year. The maître d last December was amazing, pleasant, friendly, and kept that dining room running smoothly. Ante was very hands on. He's hard to miss (6'10") and the best maître d we've seen on any ship of any dining venue (specialty or regular) by a mile. After the first day he seemed to know everyone by name, and greeted us in the afternoon when we saw him in the OVC. The service there was top notch and the wait staff seemed to love him as well. The only time we were given a beeper to wait for a table was one evening, and that wait was under 5 minutes (might have been under 2)!